GREAT Husky Dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRocket

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So i'm at a certified husky deal today (they also sell Bobcat, XMark Mowers ETC.) and they have an entire wall of huskies, so just making small talk i ask if they (Two guys behind the counter) are selling alot of 562s, they look at each other and the one says "Never Heard of a 562 Are They New" I said No they've been arround for about a year or so. He says "we don't sell many huskies if you want a good saw buy a stihl"
So i look out across the store and say i didn't see the stihls where are they?
He said "we're not allowed to have both Brands at the same store go over to our other store on Rt 26"
Both stores go by the same name, don't want to give there name but its Blank Line Equipment
you would have to fill in the Blank. I wonder why they don't sell many Huskies:confused2:

Can't have both brands in the same store. BS dealer I go to has both brands in his place.

Can't have both brands in the same store. BS dealer I go to has both brands in his place.

Don't know if it's true, but that is what they told me and i know for a fact that there Rt 322 location has a wall of just about every husky model and no stihls and there Rt 26 location has wall of just about every stihl model and no huskies.

Your punctuation needs some work are you saying that river's post is BS or is it that your local dealer is a BS dealer.

To achieve elite status, aren't dealers required to only have stihl products on the shelf? Not counting ztrs, riders, or walk behind equipment.

Back when my dad was still alive and working, he was a dealer. He always had 4-5 different brands in his shop at a time. That must be a new mfg/dealer req. I've never heard that before.

I know of a couple of dealers around here that have both. Both dealers are well established businesses. I have also seen it at a few other places. Might be a regional/distributor thing? Might be something that they pressure new dealers into accepting?

Philbert

Having both Husky and Stihl in the same store won't happen in Australia and if it does happen it isn't for long.
It isn't Husqvarna that cracks the sads first either...

So i'm at a certified husky deal today (they also sell Bobcat, XMark Mowers ETC.) and they have an entire wall of huskies, so just making small talk i ask if they (Two guys behind the counter) are selling alot of 562s, they look at each other and the one says "Never Heard of a 562 Are They New" I said No they've been arround for about a year or so. He says "we don't sell many huskies if you want a good saw buy a stihl"
So i look out across the store and say i didn't see the stihls where are they?
He said "we're not allowed to have both Brands at the same store go over to our other store on Rt 26"
Both stores go by the same name, don't want to give there name but its Blank Line Equipment
you would have to fill in the Blank. I wonder why they don't sell many Huskies:confused2:

If you're in PA i betcha its best line..

We have one Stihl elite dealer in my area that only sells Stihl, a non-elite dealer that sells both, and a third non-elite that sells only Stihl. Go figure.

Don't know if it's true, but that is what they told me and i know for a fact that there Rt 322 location has a wall of just about every husky model and no stihls and there Rt 26 location has wall of just about every stihl model and no huskies.

If it is true, it is a very local "rule"....:givebeer:

We have one Stihl elite dealer in my area that only sells Stihl, a non-elite dealer that sells both, and a third non-elite that sells only Stihl. Go figure.

I think that the 'STIHL Elite' thing means they carry only STIHL and the full line? Someone here on A.S. would know for sure. I assume that someone could work around the technicalities by having 2, separate but adjacent business entities with common ownership . . . maybe a white line on the floor?

If you are selling saws for them, they are probably more likely to accommodate you.

Philbert

The shop I go to in the Sierras has a full line of both brands' saws and accessories but only Husky lawn products afaik.

A local shop here sells both Husky and Stihl. I called him a while back, looking for a 372XP. He told me that he sells more Stihl 441 saws, and couldn't recommend (and didn't stock) the Husky.

I wonder what the Husky distributor would have to say about that...

I called another store. The guy there suggested I buy a 576XP instead, so I did.

Jon

They probably can't have them in the same building due to another dealer in close proximity. I know the manager of ---- line equipment. He is a good guy and runs all their stores. He is by the book so there is a legitimate reason for sure.

Latest posts

Back