Great Prices on Dolmar Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talon1189

"Da Smiley King"
Reaction score
I just did a search for Dolmar saws and came across this site :clap: Most prices seem really cheap and I thought that I would share it >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
No where does it say they are taking trade ins for J B welded 361's
Whats up are you worried.
Let me ease your pain and I will take Big Brutus off your hands.;)

manual said:
No where does it say they are taking trade ins for J B welded 361's
Whats up are you worried.
Let me ease your pain and I will take Big Brutus off your hands.;)
Whaaaat? I can't hear you
tmi.gif
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Wow

Man your not kidding talon, great find. best prices I have seen since spring.
Just think talon, you can get you a 7900 for the price of your 361.

Cut4fun said:
Man your not kidding talon, great find. best prices I have seen since spring.
Just think talon, you can get you a 7900 for the price of your 361.
I did notice the cheap price on da 7900 :rock: The 5100s is real cheap also but it only has a 16" bar. Maybe they charge $125.00 bucks for shipping :ices_rofl: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Talon

Just went and FAKE bought a 5100S with 18" b+c. was $355 plus $49 shipping. So they do charge high on shipping. By $20-$25 to much. But they made it up on saw priced real low. So now you know the shipping story.

YES! Do it, do it now get the 7900 and have a real BIG Brutus. for the cost of the 361. LOL

Cut4fun said:
YES! Do it, do it now get the 7900 and have a real BIG Brutus. for the cost of the 361. LOL
Naaa.........I can't cheat on Big Brutus.............We have a special working bond :hmm3grin2orange:

talon1189 said:
Hmmmmmm........I went to a sponsored site here and the same saw is $759.99 + shipping..............GULP :bang: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon
Yeah, he used to be $689, but the saw was selling. Another dealer said that some dealers are raising the price for profit. You know like STIHL does.:hmm3grin2orange:
Then you could put 361 Jr. in his place.

talon1189 said:
I just did a search for Dolmar saws and came across this site :clap: Most prices seem really cheap and I thought that I would share it >>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon :cheers:
Are they a site sponser? if not you shouldn't advertize for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I want to weigh in here with my experience ordering a Dolmar on-line.

I purchased a PS-5100S from Amick's last month, and the saw was shipped from NC to WA state for $20.66. At my request, Tony substituted a 20" bar (GB) and 3/8 pitch chain for the 18" stock set up for no additional cost.

When the package arrived, there was an issue with a factory mis-marked GB bar that was supposed to be for a 3/8 pitch chain, but was in fact actually for a .325 pitch chain (I posted a photo with questions on this site about a month ago, and appreciate everyone's help on identifying the problem).

Tony more than made it right by sending me the correct 3/8 GB bar and also a free .325 chain and .325 sprocket for the mis-marked bar that he just told me to keep. He also threw in a bar-cleaning tool, and a nice Dolmar hat for my troubles.

Obviously, it's not all just about price! (though I admit I saved $60 by buying on-line) ;)

Our pricing on the web is Dolmar's List price. We do not sell it at that price but Dolmar right now in a learning curve thinks they can tell us what to price them for. I am fighting Back as it's against the law what they are doing to me. Some Members on this site are the problem. Our store no longer sells Dolmar online. As I read the contract it does not state no internet sales but apparently they use different reading glasses than I. Thanks to everyone who has and continues to buy from Us. Tony

We never told anyone at Dolmar about Tony (Amicks). There are people from Dolmar USA & the IDN that view these websites.

As far as the pricing Tony has today on his website his Sale price is Dolmars retail and his list price is inflated some. (I think some members on here are confused about PHO pricing & pricing with a 20" B&C.)

Dolmar's policy is basically no online stores, no ebay sales, and no advertising under retail online.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I was not referring to you or your store. The guy on here knows who he is. I sent you a customer last week wanting parts for an older Dolmar 166 I believe.
My problem is with this pricing deal is WHERE is it printed, or is it just something floating around in somebody's head. I have read my agreement and it's not there, also it does not state that I can't ship equipment. I believe if you have an agreement that that's it and not something else added after the fact. Enough on this subject.
Tony

you ain't barred from shipping it, you just have to have it picked up in person. You could sell on Ebay, in a web store or whatever else turns your crank, but the unit needs to be picked up in person by the customer with the reason that you (the dealer) has the obligation to fire the saw up and make sure it is working correctly. And it is also to make sure the customer understands how to correctly operate the unit safely. This is what I was told by my territory man.

Marco, Have you read your contract or do you just go by what a territory man says. I have read mine. It doesn't say anything about picking a saw up in person.

I read it when I signed it and it did say something about setting up & running and instructing the customer how to use it. And at signing I was verbally told I could not ship saws. My contract specifically didn't say that they wouldn't drop ship to my customer in another state either, that would save some trouble with your SMC operation.

If Dolmar dealers want Dolmar to flourish and start grabbing a real chunk of the Pro saw market, then we need more dealers. If dealers are "fighting" each other by selling saws at a discount online then it is harder for a new dealer to get a foot-hold. That being said, it's always good for Dolmar if the saws are moving out of the warehouse and into the customers' hands.

This is the double edged blade. I personally cannot bring myself to sell a new saw via mail-order ie internet sales. I want to show the customer all the points of interest and operation and just how to use their saw. Professionals don't need their hands held but most non-pros do. If a customer got hurt because they didn't know how the safety devices worked or the saw for some reason malfunctioned upon initial start-up...it isn't worth the profit from 100 sales.

I follow the advice and paths of Stihl dealers. No blow MSRP advertising, saws must be picked up in person and no selling in the box stores.

My $0.02 worth

DOLMARatOs , Follow Stihl, They sell direct to all the Large Tree Services. They ship them in boxes to these companies and they buy them right. They sell direct to any store that is in the rental business thereby closing the dealer out of these sales. Fact is there are more saws sold in boxes than anyone on this site would like to think about. In my area Stihl also sells direct to Large Landscape companies. And they tell us we can't even ship a part let alone a saw.

Latest posts

Back