Great Prices on Dolmar Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
drmiller100 said:
I am a landscaper. Have a few employees, try to make a LOT of money in short periods of warm summer months, and believe equipment is a LOT cheaper then employees.

There is a local equipment shop I have used. I drop weird stuff off, they give me honest answers about when they can work on it, I come back and stuff is fixed.

So I wanted a chain saw. Decided on a 460 mag. went by the shop, and they sold a cheap korean or chinese knock off i'd never heard of (dolmar). So i did some research on the net. Talked to a few local pro loggers. they told me for what i wanted i'd be REALLY happy with the 460.
On the internet, the 7900 SURE looked better then the 460.

stopped by the shop again, and ended up with a 7900.
Mechanic installed the bar and chain, started saw, showed me features including hot air for carbs, how to start it, and the limp wrist decompression.

I'm really happy. the goofy thing sure has a LOT of power though!!!

talked to one of the local loggers today. Told him I bought a dolmar, and he sneered. he asked me how big, i told him. he asked how much, i told him. he asked how beat up it was, and i said brandy new.
i might loan it to him for a few days......
doug

First off, its German. been around longer than Stihl, just hasn't been big in the US in the last 20 years. Made down the road from Stihl.....

2nd off, that decomp isn't for limp wrists. use it or you will be replacing the starter assy. It is there to ease the wear on the starting components.

3rdly, good luck with the saw. I love mine. Just wait until you have about 10-15 tanks threw it. Mine really came alive after that!!!!

drmiller100 said:
and they sold a cheap korean or chinese knock off i'd never heard of (dolmar).

:ices_rofl: Now that is funny, I can see all of Germany gathering forces to march on Idaho as we speak. :jester:

Maybe someone should tell Dolmar to spend $10 on a 20 second ad on Mc Call local TV - just name recognition!

Funny thing is, few out here know the name either, but everyone knows "makita".:hmm3grin2orange:

Freakingstang said:
2nd off, that decomp isn't for limp wrists. use it or you will be replacing the starter assy. It is there to ease the wear on the starting components.

But surely you'd agree that if you did have a limp wrist, it would help??? :cheers:

Lakeside53 said:
But surely you'd agree that if you did have a limp wrist, it would help??? :cheers:

I honestly can't answer that. I am still young and am not used to things being limp. Get back with me in 35-40 years and I'll let you know how it is working out.

:givebeer:

Lakeside53 said:
Maybe someone should tell Dolmar to spend $10 on a 20 second ad on Mc Call local TV - just name recognition!

Funny thing is, few out here know the name either, but everyone knows "makita".:hmm3grin2orange:

mccall tv station!!!! now that's funny!!!

However, we do have a radio station. Notice the SINGULAR usage!!!!!!!!!!!

again, the dealer was GREAT, adn I wouldn't have bought it without them. Again, I am impressed!

Sachs 510

I just recently purchased my first Sachs Dolmar which is was the 510 and I could not be more pleased. For what I intend to do with it which is cut some fire wood and basically just a farm saw it seems to handle whatever I have thrown at it. I would recommend one to others definately. I still keep my little top handle eager beaver around though just for limbing. Been away from the site for a while and wanted to jump back in and say hello to everyone. God bless and take care.

Avery

YOWZA!!! Resurrecting an over 6 year old thread....

My first real good saw was a 510. Other than a little extra weight, it never failed. Great build quality and with proper care, will outlast anything remotely close to its price range.

Congrats on a great saw and welcome to AS.

Latest posts

Back