Great Prices on Dolmar Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sawinredneck said:
Is that the one that works out of his laundry room and sells 3 saws a year?:yoyo:
Andy

No there a rental shop and sell 15 saws a year.. Never had a 5100s or 7900 in stock never even sold one...

May be that is why there trying to get Stihl or Husky in there..

04ultra said:
No there a rental shop and sell 15 saws a year.. Never had a 5100s or 7900 in stock never even sold one...

May be that is why there trying to get Stihl or Husky in there..

Oh, so they moved out to the garage now?:hmm3grin2orange: :biggrinbounce2:

Freakingstang , I agree with you that the parts situation needs to improve at the dealer level. Our store is stocking many parts however we don't have everything and neither does our Dist. We have parts on order now awaiting them from Germany. We have new saws in our shop down that we have took parts off for customers. I have worked hard trying to build an inventory on the two models 5100 and 7900. We do stock chain adjusters, air filters, sprockets, starter springs etc., the faster moving parts.

ericjeeper, The muffler for a 5100 sells for $36.00 and the one for a 6400,7300,and 7900 sell for $61.00.

As for Internet sales I see dealers on here complaining about it till they get an order, then it's Okay for them to ship. As I thought it's the good ole boy system. I disagree with the idea of selling one customer via the Internet and not another. Why discriminate? Who gives anyone this right? If Dolmar Tech says that they do not want ship saws why send praises to someone who admits they shipped saws. Maybe I'm missing something here.

I would like to thank all our customers and let you know we are going to put Dolmar parts on our site for sale ASAP. We are just trying to help our customers as the margin on Dolmar parts are the lowest of any manufacturer we do business with.

As we do have an option on parts to get any part from any dist in the country if the needs arises. Of course it hard for us to special order a 1.00 part and make money. This is where the distributors need to beef up their inventory as well as the dealers. I had a special case recently with an Internet customer who lived over 500 miles from us that had repeatedly tried to get a wrap handle for a 9010 even calling over his dealer who didn't want to help, to his distributor and requesting to find one. He could not get an answer after calling Dolmar direct, he even emailed with no response. He, at last found us on the Internet ( not by mistake but because we spend $$$ advertising on Google ) and called me , I found him a Handle from one of the other Distributors and shipped it to him. He called me back and he almost couldn't believe we spent the time to help him. No we didn't sell him the saw but we were in a mode to help Dolmar. Will this customer be likely to buy another Dolmar, I don't know, but I will guarantee you that he will call me first. I can't ship him a Dolmar so it will have to be another brand. Now, I will not spend any of my money to promote Dolmar on Google as I have been warned or stopped. I like Dolmar's quality but I think the marketing dept needs to wake up. My 2 cents. Tony Flinchum

Freakingstang said:
Good post. I agree, with the exception that the dealer hasto have the saw on the shelf in order to do that....that seems to be the biggest problem. people will carry up to the 510, but not the 5100-7900.....

Oh, and I have more than enough saws to keep me occupied..... :laugh:

I guess that we should distinguish between DOLMAR dealers and Dolmar dealers. I stock 11 models (if you distinguish between bars on the big units). These are in stock at all times if possible. It's different for me being a power equipment dealer. A tractor or ZTR costs me $3,000.00 for 1 unit. I can stock a lot of saws for that same investment.

I'd like to see a Dolmar field rep. physically walk into every Dolmar "Dealer" over the next year. Or maybe they should put stars next to dealers on the web site like they do on auto dealers. A 5 star dealer would stock all models, or you have to have X number of models covered to be a Star dealer. Something like this. I don't want to drive dealers away from Dolmar but a few saws is not a big investment. If they have a huge inventory of other saws they can surely afford to stock at least 1 5100S and a 7900.

sedanman, Why on earth would I hate anyone? Life is too short. I do believe it what you make of it. May you be blessed. Tony

Uwharrie said:
sedanman, Why on earth would I hate anyone? Life is too short. I do believe it what you make of it. May you be blessed. Tony

You have a great attitude and are a better man than I am. Save me a 5100 for this coming summer. I will look you up when I am in N.C.

Tony

I appreciate what you big guys are doing for us little dealers. I know you can move more saws and that is excellent. I have had the same situation with finding so called impossible parts for a vast variety of equipment over the years.

I still don't get it though. Maybe there is a vast difference in distributors for Dolmar in the US. Here in the Midwest...our distributor is top notch. Maybe it's because they are huge and well established. I haven't had a backordered part this month for anything. I've only had a few things take more than 2 days all year. Usually some weird little piece of hardware or strange obscure part that shouldn't break but got lost or something. That is why we will pull a saw down for parts any day of the week. I bought the saw and I own the saw. If I need a part for a loyal customer then no one is going to stop me from keeping them happy.

Anyway. Keep up the good work. Sell equipment, make money and retire to a place with nude beaches is my motto.

Man, I wish that I had money for advertising but we take our advertising "budget" and put it into parts and equipment. I'm to the point that 100% of all my Dolmar equipment and parts are just paid for. No floorplanning, etc. Write a check and ship it to me.

sawinredneck said:
Is that the one that works out of his laundry room and sells 3 saws a year?:yoyo:
Andy
I leave one thread and come over here and find you two cutting up on this one.:hmm3grin2orange: :help: :hmm3grin2orange:

wood junky said:
I want to use my local dealers- as much as is reasonable-

Paying a premium based on local support and service-

My logic for the not ordering is pretty simple-

IN stock scenario-
i go to the shop once and leave with what I need-1 stop and done

Or ordering scenario-Basically buying over the net but I am the delivery service-
I go to the shop and order wait go back to the shop come and pick up 2 trips twice the driving and time-- same out come-

Internet:
I shop at home order wait and it comes to my door 0 wasted time no driving around same amount of waiting. Same $ spent to achieve the same out come.

Kevin

I feel the same as Kevin, and I would much rather deal with someone who knows the product and saws in general than someone who says "7900, are you sure thats a Dolmar"?
I cant believe that I found two saws that I really like, good dealers on here that I can phone in orders to and now all of a sudden Dolmar has a policy of no phone in saw orders. Or am I misunderstanding all of this?

Too bad the vending machine doesn't have a competent service department. Then again, there are few places around here selling Husky that don't either.

Back