Great!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's done. Finished up about 11 this morning, loaded most of it and home. Have to go back and get 6 more of the butt rounds. It was growing out of the side of a road bank up there on the hill, As I cut each round the log end would drop. When I cut te last one it was laying at around a 50 degree angle, round came free, stump and rootball dropped and I thought it was going to do and endo right ovr the top of me and on down to wipe out the house. One of the rounds stopped it and it will reaming there. I told the lady that if the round was ever removed the stump might come right on down.

Harry K

It's done. Finished up about 11 this morning, loaded most of it and home. Have to go back and get 6 more of the butt rounds. It was growing out of the side of a road bank up there on the hill, As I cut each round the log end would drop. When I cut te last one it was laying at around a 50 degree angle, round came free, stump and rootball dropped and I thought it was going to do and endo right ovr the top of me and on down to wipe out the house. One of the rounds stopped it and it will reaming there. I told the lady that if the round was ever removed the stump might come right on down.

Harry K

All's well that ends well! Nice score man!

Picked up the last of the butt rounds this morning. She mentioned "Box Elder" - yep, that is what it am all right. By the green weight and how fast it is beginning to dry I suspect it will be shoulder season wood. Fine by me as I can use some of that. I onliy have about a 1/4 cord of spruce left for that purpose.

Even better - check with Potlatch. The 310 and chainsaw winch are both up and running!! Off early tomorrow to pick them up and grab plate of real biscuits and redeye sausage gravy for breakfast.

Got one locust to clear off of Randy's place and then it will be into the grove of blowdowns to see how that winch will work - probably next week sometime.

Harry K

Back