Green Logs How Much $$

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATTYB11

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First of all I want to say that i have been browsing this site for over a year (mostly this forum) and it has been extremely helpful to me. This is only my second season heating with wood so i'm still somewhat of new to the overall process. anyway, I want to purchase a load of green logs sometime next month for the 2009-2010 winter(already got a pile for 08-09) and i just want to know what i should expect to pay per cord when buying wood this way. I'm thinking a load of 4-6 cords of hardwood as this is all i have room to store. thank you for any input

matt

I'm in NW Connecticut and I pay $500 for a logging truck full of oak, beech, sugar maple, hickory and a few white birch. I get 7-7.5 cord of cut and split out of it. Not sure what it would be in R.I. but should not be too much more than that as my guy is relatively high priced (but real good).

A lot of it is going to depend on how far it has to be trucked. $500 for a triaxle load is a steal. It's going for $700-800 for the same load in central Mass.

Matt, I'm sure it'll be going up, along with everything else - With firewood over 200.00/cord, the guys with the truck loads will be 100.00 or more/cord. Try to find someone local, once you do, use him every year [if he's honest & fair] & brings good wood.

I can't believe how much you guys are paying for firewood!!!!:dizzy: Around here you can get a tri-axle truck for 250, or a semi load for 500. Firewood goes for 100 a chord delivered at most.

The cords they are paying $200 for are full cords - about 3 face cords which is about the same as western ny price. Who has the truckload price for tri axle loads. I am north of Buffalo and have freinds who might be interested. I cut all my own. E-mail me if you don"t want to post.

Im about 6 hours north of Buffalo between Massena and Plattsburgh. I can have a tri-axle and pulp trailer about 10 full cord of green delivered for $800. I can get a tractor trailer delivered with 38-40 face cord for about 1100.

Latest posts

Back