Greenteeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greenteeth sharpening

anybody using a valve grinder to sharpen greenteeth? i love greenteeth & there's a guy on ebay that sharpens them well enough to cut you finger on, he charges @$3 apiece which isn't bad. but i"m too impatient to wait for shipping & prefer to do things myself. By the way if I run SHARP teeth on my sc252 it cuts like a big machine & it runs very smooth, no chatter no bang, just like turning wood on a lathe.

husky 13hp stump grinder

went in to mo local tool shop just be cause i was passing decided to buy new set of teeth as spares ordered 10 5 left 5 right the guy wanted to charge me 23 euros a tooth would heaved work out at 230 euros told them to for get it but now i cant seem to find any one over here to sharpen my dull set .have all so been on the web checking out some sites to find some1/2"x1/2" left and rights the original bluebird teeth have a roll pin that sits up against the back of the pocket dose any body know if regular 1/2"x1/2" left and rights with out the roll pin will fit OK I have seen these for 3 £ Sterling if any body has any ideas would be much obliged.
PS ...saw blade tipping place i went to wanted 20 euros to re tip each tooth

Hey Stump Stomper you should get yaself onto to ebay, theres a guy from germany selling stumpy tips.Works out about £60 i think for 50,if you know someone who is handy with an oxy/acetylene torch you could get em retipped for ALOT less than 20 euros!
New teeth (pro series) from vermeer dealer (Btrack) cost about £7+vat so you may want to try them since with postage etc.. im sure it will work out cheaper than 23 euros each. I also saw an advert in the british forestry and timber (i think) for the pro series teeth at £4.50+vat but since im still retipping my old teeth i havent had to buy any new ones yet. :D
Other than that get yourself a bench grinder and green wheel (diamond is way better but alot more expensive) and sharpen them yourself.

Hope it helps.

grinding teeth is easy, keep the original grinding wheel and take the metal down first then shape the cutting edge with your new green wheel.....easy.....but....as the last post says....arbour eater have parrot beak teeth for 4.50 + vat + carriage. 01273 493180...never used em....has anyone else? is the quality there?

Thats great stuff....

:cheers: lads thats great stuff .thats why i come here the men who know!I'm looking in to a diamond wheel at the moment.even if i only get one more use it still has to work out more cost effective.what the mask what would you recommend rob ? standard or more the air tight seal with charcoal filter job ? I'm off to trawl ebay now. dame this dial up 56K S**T broadband here i come.thanks again Scouse stumpy66 I let u know how things go.

there was a thread about masks but there wasn't really a concensus.....the paper ones are a bit crap and fog up your glasses...a good 3m one would do it i guess.....(i try to wear one when i am grinding stumps too!)

Back