Greenworks H.O.G.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is something about squeezing the trigger and hearing and smelling my chainsaw BUT there is no reason whatsoever that a battery saw can’t preform as well as a gas saw. Obviously you’ll have to refuel that battery saw more often than a gas saw but I find myself using my cheap little ryobi 18v saw almost exclusively around the yard. It’s so nice to toss it between my feet on the zero turn and be able to pull the trigger and not even get off the mower.

Battery saws are no where near where they need to be to run them all day in the woods but they’ll get there.

I’d also like to see the saw above buried in some white oak with a 24” bar.

Sure looks impressive in the video. That appears to be the 4.0ah battery. Battery tech just is not there yet except for a short burst like shown. If I take the 82 as nominal as opposed to peak voltage I get a run time of 5.79 minutes at 3.4kw. That is draw of current not force on the chain. Which is 10.4C 4C is about the most one wants if they care about cycles to failure.
Using 6 ah and 4.3kw from the article linked below I get 8.77C. Is 10C (Discharge recharge could be in another post) really at the produced and for sale to manufacturers now?

at best we are getting 200 watt hours per kg. 328 watt hours would be 3.6 pounds and 492 watt hours 5.4 pounds of cells maybe the housing for the battery as well.

If you had a back pack battery then the tool's duty cycle like a welder's duty rating would be the limiting factor.

pouch cells what is the likelihood it has battery cooling?

I found this text on a review at https://www.protoolreviews.com/greenworks-commercial-82v-h-o-g-chainsaw/
The saw is slated to launch at Greenworks Commercial retailers around fall 2024. Expect the price to run $1499 for a kit that includes a 6Ah pouch cell battery and a dual port charger.
Relying on a 6.0Ah pouch cell battery for power, the brushless motor can produce 4.3 kW. The stock bar is 20 inches, but this is the first battery-powered chainsaw rated to handle 24 or 28-inch bars.

I take this to probably mean 6ah battery for the 24 and 28 inch bars. . I could not get the owners manual to download on my connection.

Back