greffardized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rollernose bar

I will try to get a better pic of the new "rollernose bar" on that 272 for ya guys...I have a company that is making them now...and I can order any size and mount you would like....for any and all applications..including Rotax and belly bars...email me if any of you are interested..

Dennis,
I don't see the 2149 in that pic...... I take it you didn't get it ready ?
What a sham would have like to seen what happened.

well...apparently i should stick to building saws not racing them....my saws took first and second in every class today...except I was the one with the seconds...in each race I was beat by .01 of a second by my own saw...by a local....I am sure it was rigged!!!! ..lol....

A fellow Jonsered dealer wanted to beat up some Stihls...and we did...but he beat me each time...with my 2171 and my piped 272..

It worked out pretty good though...I went home with 300 cash and 3 guys that want piped saws...and several that want their saws modified...

Eric...no, we never got to race the 2149...I would loved to have kicked @ss with that....just no time..but now I am back in building saw mode...for the next 4 weeks anyway....then the Revival...

By the way John"bouy" I have a new grudge match for us!! For every argument we get in...we will settle it in the Burling Pond...you are getting wet my friend.....

:blob2: :blob3

Hotsaw Bill and I are unvailing our new secret weapon in the world of Hotsaws. We unvailed this beauty at the Deming Log Show. I did not have room in the back of my truck due to the Predator and Rotax, so with a few small mods I just decided to drive it to the show. Powered by a Pierotti Racing gas turbine engine rated at 1500+ horsepower and turning a 22' long 3/4 pitch chain on a 10' foot bar. We use this saw on our larger 8' dia. hotsaw logs that are common here in the great Northwest.

By the way Dennis, how big are the saw logs at Clearwater?

Last edited:
Dennis,
That's too bad on the 2149, I guess I'll just have to wait until I get it..... I just need one figure from you to build the pipe. I'll E-mail ya.
Anyone no of any saw races in or near Ohio ??? Got the fever LOL

woodsjunkie,
The only logging show that I know of in Ohio is the Paul Bunyan show held in Nelsonville, Ohio in the first week of October. If interested contact: The Ohio Forest Assoc.Inc. (614) 486 6767 or Hocking college at (614) 753 3591.
Art Martin

Eric, you may very well not need a pipe to race..unless there is a class for that small of a saw...what are the classes at that race you are going to Summerset??? They may only have a stock saw race for that size....get a good powerhead(which you will have;)) and a good chain..and kick some butt

Dennis,
I don't know what yer tryin' to pull here, but rumor has it you'll only be runnin' a 25cc piped "Whacker". Oh the humanity!

Dennis,
Your rite I may not need a pipe, But why not LOL
I have all the equipment to fab them so I gotta try, If I can just get my lengths and dia. all in a row I'll have it made.
Let me know if you think Im on the rite track (I sent you E-mail)
The ate up chain saw racer" wanta be"

New Dremel tool

Well, as I was working on a very pretty young ladies lawnmower this afternoon, my favorite truck pulled up.."UPS" and they had a package for me..:D My new porting tool!!
Doug, the thing is great...I love the foot controlled speed, as well as the ability of it to go anywhere in the cylinder head, including transfers with ease....this is going to make life a whole lot simpler...now I am looking forward to transfer port work, especially on Mikes 335 "California Special"...there is an interesting cylinder to work on...

I will post some pics of the drill hopefully tomorrow!!

EVERYTHING was in great shape Doug...have to try out the other "attachments" this weekend...going camping Friday night...then back to work Sunday morning...and Monday is Canada Day!!

-Gone cutting

That's great, Dennis! See? I finally conributed something positive to this board (or a board member) and it only took me 7 months and 214 posts to do it!

Now... where's that Ginger...:alien:

Thanks Doug, now when I go up to Clearwater for a Headjob (sheesh that sounds bad) I don't have to stay for a week for Dennis to get the job dunn (shoot that sounds bad also). For christs sake im going to bed with my lovely wife, to many hours of preping saws for the race this weekend.

Back