Grind deal??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeanne

Reaction score
Hi. I'm not a pro - just a customer. But I thought a forum full of pros would be the best place to ask about this.

A guy who is going to do a stump grind for a neighbor on Friday, came by my house to ask me if I wanted the stump in my front yard removed. (I think he went to every house on the block that had a stump)

I've never had one done so I have no idea what the typical cost would be.
It's a maple stump - roughly the same circumference as a pick-up truck tire. It's already been cut low to the gound so no chainsaw needed. And it has really easy access, (it's right in front of my driveway) so it wouldn't be a difficult stump to get to.

He wants $100 for the job. Does this sound right? Is this good? I just want to make sure before I agree to let him do it. Thanks a lot.

It sounds like a good deal, specify the depth the stump will be ground, are surface roots included? Get something in writing!

Thanks for the replies. I'll be sure to get clarity on things like roots and depth before he starts the job. I was hoping this was a great deal, but now it seems like only good to decent deal. Oh well, I guess it's worth something to just go ahead and get the stump problem taken care of once and for all. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back