Grinding or replacing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popwarlick

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Got a new vemeer stump grinder.running the yellow jacket teeth. I know you can turn them but when it comes time to change I've read you can grind them. Can y'all give me the ins n outs ,good n bad of grinding or jus buy new teeth.yall r the guru's thanks terry

Grind them. I use a diamond wheel I bought from Eagle Super abrasives for $180 36 grit 6"X1/2" with a 1/4" of sintered diamond. The wheel has payed for itself in very short order. I think to date I have ground something like 190 teeth and the wheel shows little if any wear. Be mindful of the dust (carbide dust), not silica dust from green wheel, when using a diamond wheel and wear a dust mask.
I started out using a sc252 and sharp teeth were an absolute must and could get many sharpenings out of yellow jackets, and now I am running a sc652 and teeth tend to get destroyed easier and warrant replacement if a rock is struck.

Got a new vemeer stump grinder.running the yellow jacket teeth. I know you can turn them but when it comes time to change I've read you can grind them. Can y'all give me the ins n outs ,good n bad of grinding or jus buy new teeth.yall r the guru's thanks terry

You can also get them re-tipped, pm me if u want more info, i don't think i am allowed to give out info over site....

Bob.....:cheers:

Grinding

Sounds like the way to go,thanks,I might have to get a lesson on how to grind them ,but y'all I sure preciate it.

Back