Growing up with Redwood's. Truely God's country.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mystical, and magical I miss them redwoods. How we doing gang, i will stop in more often been to long, sorry i been sidetracked

Mystical, and magical I miss them redwoods. How we doing gang, i will stop in more often been to long, sorry i been sidetracked

I love my back yards , Not to worry Bro, I too have been working and in the off time had lots of home front stuff to take care of.

Went to the Chimney rock ranch yesterday. By myself, to hunt and clear my head. Got sidetracked looking at beautiful trees, admired some redwoods, and firs.

Went to the Chimney rock ranch yesterday. By myself, to hunt and clear my head. Got sidetracked looking at beautiful trees, admired some redwoods, and firs.

looks like a bloody top place to visit.
I do that sometimes myself, just get away from everyone for a day.

the last pic norm, what species is that tree, a good straight barrel but all those small limbs.

I hear thet Neil, good to see ya! It was much needed, my visit to the woods Saturday, iit sure does wonders for the the mind, and spirits. Little piece of heaven.

G'day good viewers of this thread, was sent this and thought it should be shown here.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well thank goodness that lady was standing next to Randy Mac so he didn't "flip the bird" at the cameraman, again.

I hear thet Neil, good to see ya! It was much needed, my visit to the woods Saturday, iit sure does wonders for the the mind, and spirits. Little piece of heaven.

I can cetainly 2nd that Norm, I spent 2 days among the Redwoods after I got back to the coast following my stay in the desert. It was the best decompression spot I could think of for me.

Jon good to see you! Neil great stuff! I will pm ya, thanks for sharing. Jerry it never gets old does it, I will never get tired of redwood country! Im creating my own in my backyard, got three smpervirens, and three dawn redwoods. The coast ones, came from Oregon seeds, and I guess helicopter nets, they are young but growing and looking good! I look at them, and admire em every day, swear they grow in front of me.

It never gets old Norm,..I always feel at home and at ease among the trees of the forest. I was born in it so that is why I feel so good spending all the time I can among the trees. This last trip out I was in a stand of mostly new growh, there were a lot of big old stumps in this grove. I looked each stump over to see which way the tree was felled, why they fell it that direction, how it was recovered, what direction it went out of the forest etc. The spring board notches are still very clear and the heights above the ground reached 8'-12' on some of them. I hiked back in 7 miles up a small creek bed that wound slowly up into some pretty high hills. Never seen or heard another person back there, no sound but the breeze through the trees and a few birds. On my way back out I heard a bird of prey, a Hawk calling from a tree top somewhere above me, I tried to get a visual on it and shifted about under the trees trying to get a peek at it, couldn`t and finally I just stood still and listened. As I was looking up in the general direction of the sounds above a big feather came silently spinning downward and landed at my feet, the quill stuck into the understory nearly between my two feet. I picked it up and observed it to be a flight feather, freshly preened and in perfect shape, a thing of awe and beauty dropped especially for me. It will remain with me for as long as I live.

Last edited:
Wow, Jerry, what a story I felt like I was right next to you under those trees. Each time I hit the woods I live a different time, or see a different tree, or piece of land. Never talked about it much figured nobody would understand, till I came here and made such great friends:clap: Randy awesome pictures my friend thank you!

Wow, Jerry, what a story I felt like I was right next to you under those trees. Each time I hit the woods I live a different time, or see a different tree, or piece of land. Never talked about it much figured nobody would understand, till I came here and made such great friends:clap: Randy awesome pictures my friend thank you!

I understand all too well, as I have travelled all across this great landmass we call North America I am in awe of what nature has provided for us. Some people see the wilderness as a frightful place due mostly to their inexperience with nature. For me it is my second home, my whole life has been full to the brim of outdoor wilderness adventures, with my witts and a few hand tools I can spend many days at a time out there just soaking up the atmosphere. It seems I never grow tired of it.

Awesome picts Randy, always happy to see and share picts of the woods, I often go to my albums and just spend hours lost in reliving the trips I made to take the picts and often lamenting to myself about the picts I did not take.

Back