Growing up with Redwood's. Truely God's country.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Love those pictures Randy. Dyerville got ya thanks. The beater honday, Will John parmeters dad, always got funny looks going down the road on his 350 honda, or his truimph. His dog terrible on the gas tank and front of the seat, pig hanging over the back rack, unloaded pistol on his side, rifle on his back LOL! He used to take those bikes timber falling in the summers at times too!:cool2: Jerry hope you are doing well my friend:rock:

I am doing quite well ,Norm, recovering fairly well from a bad fall I had where I fractured the bone below my right eye. My teeth have been numb on the right side ever since, there was bleeding into my sinus cavity for about 3 weeks but that has finally stopped. The feeling is slowly coming back somewhat around the gums but the teeth themselves are still fairly numb feeling. Other than that I have not let that bump slow me down any.
I had the 71 honda 450 twin with the green gas tank with gold trim, I often carried a chainsaw on the rear rack to and from the woods, got some funny looks from people sometimes.

Last edited:
NORMZILLA44

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Man Jerry, real sorry about your fall hope you feel better my friend. Not sure why they left it behind first I thought maybe the layout was no good. The top blew out and regrew, and still a tall bastard, but the girth man oh man, right in someone's front yard, I envy them, here is another shot of it.

NORMZILLA44

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
A very marry Christmas guess it's times like this, that you look back and smell the roses, count your blessings, realize what you are thankful for. I am so lucky to have such great friends, Jeanne, my dogs. And I am so very thankful each and every day that I was born and raised in Redwood country, and almost daily I get to see a Redwood beauty. May not always be a giant, it may only be 3 feet tall, but one who knows of this love, needs no explanation.

paccity

paccity

Addicted to ArboristSite
attachment.php

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Man Jerry, real sorry about your fall hope you feel better my friend. Not sure why they left it behind first I thought maybe the layout was no good. The top blew out and regrew, and still a tall bastard, but the girth man oh man, right in someone's front yard, I envy them, here is another shot of it.

I feel a little better each day, was to see my dentist and had picts taken, everything looks ok to him. I think that someone posted picts of that tree before, it sits adjacent to someones home sort of on the fenceline, might have been Randy but could have been someone else. It looks like a big one, its hard to capture them on a camera. Seems it takes someone or an object of common size to be included in the pict to get the size comparison. I hope to be back out among the giants again this coming year.

sawfun9

sawfun9

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well I planted a dozen of those Coastal Redwoods in the Oregon coast range this year. And about half a dozen here in Portland. Maybe a few will survive. Pretty rare in town but lot's of Sequoia, man do those get big fast.

paccity

paccity

Addicted to ArboristSite
attachment.php
sequoia's grow like weeds around here, if they have a good water source they go fast. we take 8 to 10 a year around here. pretty trees till they become the back yard. this one ring counted to 58 years.
attachment.php

NORMZILLA44

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great to see you all, wonderful pictures. Jerry glad you are doing well my friend. Tree guy, I love that part, military precision:D Saw fun 9, awesome to hear of more growing.

M.D. Vaden

M.D. Vaden

vadenphotography.com

Sure enjoy the drive along the Smith River, every time. Countless small seasonal waterfalls this time of year.

I'm headed down either late Friday (tomorrow), or Saturday, for redwood country. Not quite sure which parks I'm going too, but will probably stay in Crescent City Sat. and Sun. nights.

If I come down Friday night, I may power-nap in Trinidad, and check out Humboldt Redwoods SP again. Otherwise, it's Redwood National, Prairie Creek and Jedediah Smith.

B Harrison

B Harrison

ArboristSite Guru
Thats a really good post Norm. I agree w/ya thats God's country. I would really,really love to see it someday for myself.
I would imagine that you and Randymac live in beautiful country. No doubt.

I agree with both posts, but it is important to realize that the big thing here is that we are all smart enough to enjoy our own little spots, be it for the monster trees, or a big rock, big blue ski, or a big blue ocean. Our country is a wonderful place and can be simply captivating if we just get outside every once in a while and allow ourselves the moment!

I am not by any means a tree hugger (I love to watch them fall) but if we don't (as a nation) start enjoying this country more and trashing it less we will be one of the last generations to have the chance.

If this seems like a NANCY thing to say, my excuse is that I feel bad still from a flu bug, and that my wife is sick too so Its OK! If you disagree with my excuse pound salt!

RandyMac

RandyMac

Stiff Member
I have always considered that hill in the background as my hill. I have been over most of it and have been looking at it for decades.

Sure enjoy the drive along the Smith River, every time. Countless small seasonal waterfalls this time of year.

I'm headed down either late Friday (tomorrow), or Saturday, for redwood country. Not quite sure which parks I'm going too, but will probably stay in Crescent City Sat. and Sun. nights.

If I come down Friday night, I may power-nap in Trinidad, and check out Humboldt Redwoods SP again. Otherwise, it's Redwood National, Prairie Creek and Jedediah Smith.

You will have decent weather for it, not much in the way of rain and more importantly, not much wind.
Have you spent any time in the Bull Creek Flats? Get across the creek and head West to the base of the hill, follow it around until you find a good size seasonal stream, go up a bit and then South, there is bench with some worthwhile trees. There is also a hand felled tree somewhere in there, an old lightning strike, must be 16' dia, they abandoned the crosscut by the stump.

NORMZILLA44

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Randy love your history and knowledge my friend. Someday we will have to share some stories over a camp fire. B harrison, not really getting your meaning my friend, we are the good guy's right?

Latest posts