GTG around north carolina 4-18-09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Calvin, I use to drive a truck for a while and that is the best route even with the towns and stoplights, I always hated coming to you part of the woods, nothing against your town but I hated the ride back.

i guess the best route is hwy 70 to hwy 40 and then 40 to hwy 1 and 64 together and then on straight 64 after apex did a check on mapquest it says its exactily 211.18 miles from my place to asheboro 4 hrs and 10 minutes my van only gets 14-18 mpg normally 100 miles per quarter tank 200 half tank

that means i will have to fuel up probily in kinston or goldsboro and do the same on the way back

so i know i will eat supper at mccalls in goldsboro on the way back home

so the map makes it look long but i guess its not to bad a drive from 40

Apex is where i think Food lion has there plant
now if im coming from that way where is tonys shop at ?

i remember i drove to garner one time to pick up some mcculloch parts i won on ebay last year

Last edited:
What all saws are you folks bringing?

I'll have every saw in my sig line (except the ungassed MS440, it's staying home to hold down the fort) and folks are welcome to try them out...

I'd like to try a 441 if someone brings one.

What all saws are you folks bringing?

I'll have every saw in my sig line (except the ungassed MS440, it's staying home to hold down the fort) and folks are welcome to try them out...

I'd like to try a 441 if someone brings one.

im wondering the same thing...what saws are you guys bringing?

Alright I got 3 nice poplar logs loaded and ready to go from a tree I dropped yesterday. Each one is about 18 inch and ranging from 4 to 6 feet long had to load them heavy SOBs by hand so I couldnt bring anything any bigger sorry. Looking forward to seeing everybody I am going to try to be there about 9:00am and for Love the outdoors question I am bringing the saws in my sig.

just runnin' a couple saws this weekend cuttin' some campfirewood(dead tree).

im gonna bring a Husky, Redmax, and $tihl.

:greenchainsaw:

I will be bringing some logs. 2000ssm6 check your pm's. Looking forward to it. I'm bringing an 084, 038 super, 029 super, 028 Stihls. A 359 and 350 husky.
If anybody is interested I have a Timber Bear an a Pro Mac 610 for sale I could bring?
See Ya, Saturday.
"Possum"

Got it! Thanks for the reply. Looks like we have the wood supply covered.:clap:

I'll have some sodas and g-rades in a cooler for drinks, everyone is welcome to have any. For food we have the BBQ joint down the road that I hope will be open.:D

I'm not good with directions but Tony's is easy to find, if you need some additional help PM me and I will send ya my cell number.

Yeah the eatin place is just about a mile or so down the road Jud's BBQ and it is good stuff if you like BBQ.

im going to be bringing some chain bars new in the case and some oregon chain on the roll that i dont know what size it is no #s on the roll

still about 50 ft or so left on the spool good thing there is wont be no shipping charges .

ill be pulling out of my driveway around 6 am will put me up there about 10

Well got the tree on the ground and into lawgs today, loaded and ready to roll. 14-15" is the biggest sweetgum I have, rest are in the 10" range. I'll be bringing the 460 and 211.:chainsaw:

attachment.php

Hi Everyone, We have plently of Parking in the rear lot behind the Store, Just pull down either road beside the store and you'll see a gravel lot. We have a few logs as well for you to use. Call if you need directions or if you have any questions. 336-672-1196 ask for Tony

Back