GTG in MA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BostonBull

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I should have my newly modified woods saw from dean by the first or second week in January. I know some of you are curious as to how well these saws run. Well heres your chance to run one. I would like to have a GTG up at the shop. I will supply wood. This will be rain or shine( if rain we will set up a large tent) sometime in February. Maybe the first saturday the 4th.

I would also like to run some other woods modified saws and even a couple of bike or hotsaws.

Let me know what the interest is in this and what weekend is best if this one is no good.

Keith I am serious we'll have to wait and see who else would like to go to it. I would like to run some different saws that I have never ran before....

Ma isnt too far for me, maybe when I get my trucks running good, I'll take a trip up and we'll have a great time.

Lawn Masters said:
Ma isnt too far for me, maybe when I get my trucks running good, I'll take a trip up and we'll have a great time.

Why don`t you just fly into Albany and I`ll pick you up at the airport, just no smoking in my truck. Marky would probably be happy to pick you up somewhere in the NYC/Jersey area.

Nooone realistically expects you to drive 30 hours for a GTG.

BostonBull, if I can get the 4th off, I`m there. I`ll bring several saws that you can run and I can also bring a log stand. Are their any decent hotels nearby?

Russ

I will be flying up in a twin engine plane if there are a few others near me or on the way who are willing to share in some of the expenses. There is room for 5 other people.

PS - I have over 1000 hours of experience, and am commercially certificated with an instrument rating.

i'll come to watch........if russ can't make it or doesn't want to load it in his truck, i can also bring a log stand.

BostonBull good for you. This is what it's all about. Running everyone's saw and checking the ego at the door. Wish I could get away.

Boston are you a breeder or just an owner.

I have a Bullmastiff that will be at a show near you in the summer. I am trying to figure out how I can go on the road with her, but she'll probably be traveling with just the handler and some other dogs.

I am thinking about buying a pair of olde English females (they corrected the proper term). I require health first, temperment second, and confirmation last.

Probably more info than you wanted and sorry about highjacking the thread, but if I had to go to look at dogs maybe I could pull it off.

Fred

Yes, along with the two Simon saws that I mentioned two posts up from that. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Fred

bvaught said:
I will be flying up in a twin engine plane if there are a few others near me or on the way who are willing to share in some of the expenses. There is room for 5 other people.

Very cool bvaught, wish I was near you, I love flying in smaller planes.

BTW, I have several friends in the Columbia area. Employees of the former Chem Nuclear, now Duratech company. They tell me there is a place called Chippendolls or something to that effect that I really should visit. ;)

Russ

bwalker said:
Not, me. Last time I flew in a small plaine I almost died. A inexpiereanced pilot, bad weather and a cesna 185 on floats don mix.

That doesnt sound like much fun. Surprisingly enough General Aviation is 5- 10times safer per mile than driving in a car. But its hard to convince many people that its true. I bet there is a good story behind that adventure.

Following the Dean thread it will be interesting to see how a Dean modded saw looks and works. I wonder what stage kit the 440 will have? Is it just a stage 1 muffler mod, a stage 2 with a balanced crank, or a stage 3 full out race saw?

jokers said:
Very cool bvaught, wish I was near you, I love flying in smaller planes.

BTW, I have several friends in the Columbia area. Employees of the former Chem Nuclear, now Duratech company. They tell me there is a place called Chippendolls or something to that effect that I really should visit. ;)

Russ

Cant say that I have heard of the Duratech company.

I dont know all the strip bars in Columbia, although I wont say I havent visited a few. Its mighty expensive to see some hoo-hoo's and you have to stay out really late before they leave work..... Last time I visited one I was apparently under the influence of ethanol and decided to do my own strip show and the night was cut short. :laugh:

Glad to see this thread finally take off. The date is set for the fourth so long as everyone can make it. Like I said rain or shine!

I will have my 440 modded by Dean. It will have an 046 Big Bore kit in it and a stage 2 modification done to it.

Hotels will not be a problem there are plenty by in the cities of Beverly, Peabody, or Danvers. These towns are no more than 15 minutes from the shop.

Let me know what kind and size logs we will need for this event. I can get ANY size, length and type you can think of that is around here. I will have bobcats and other machinery available to aid in the moving of said logs. I can get anything up to the 80" range which is usually pine, spruce, elm and oak, some maples a bit smaller also.

If you are flying in Beverly airport will be your best bet. Commercial flight Logan is your best bet. Gas sttions nearby and I can have 100-105 octane race fuel on hand if desired.

I will also have a grill going for some lunch time treats.

Latest posts

Back