Guess that saw design.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shop used to be an Efco dealer.

They all of a sudden pulled the rug from the distributor and pretty much skipped town. Left dealers high and dry with unpaid warranty work.

Have one or two still. They do the job but seem fairly heavy and low powered for the size.

It's a sad sight to see that efco is now selling clones of the zenoah g5000. It may not be long before they start selling the other clone g3800 models and with how many models they have discontinued that looks like a possibility.

It may be licensed from mtd or techtronic industries since one them purchased the patents from zenoah before they were acquired by Husqvarna, it could also be one of the many companies that has paid to use the designs.

It may be licensed from mtd or techtronic industries since one them purchased the patents from zenoah before they were acquired by Husqvarna, it could also be one of the many companies that has paid to use the designs.
I didn't know that! Techtronic are selling Ryobi & Homelite G3800 copies but I thought they must be doing so under license from Husqvarna/Zenoah.

I'm still impressed with the build quality, reliability & performance of my Homelite HBSC3530.
Have since picked up a new "Millers Falls" branded 3800 for next to nothing (i.e. USD40 w/16" bar and chain) which seems not to be as well put together. Out of the box, the spark plug was loose, the chain tensioner screw is a phillips head with a spring washer behind it for no obvious reason, and the advertised "Walbro WT" carb has a Chinese manufacturer's name proudly cast into the pump cover.

Here's the zenoah g5200 ipl diagram. Zenoah used two styles of cylinder on this saw one open transfer and a closed transfer cylinder. The closed transfer is shown here. I have a real zenoah and 3 clones, the clones identical except for the plastics.

Screenshot_2019-05-28-16-58-10.png

I did a bit of research.
Emak have a plant in Jiangmen, China, where for a number of years they have been producing saws derived from Zenoah design (with mostly cosmetic changes) in the "homeowner" class, i.e. MTH510 & 560. These saws were sold in Hungary. former Yugoslavia, Pakistan, etc.
In the last couple of years they have added revised models MTH5100 & 5600 in their mainstream model range.

Back