Had a good weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warjohn

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
When I got home from work on Friday my ebay dolmar 133 was setting on the porch waiting on me. I hurried down to the garage and pulled off the recoil housing and put it on my 65 dollar craigslist 133 that my son picked up while he was in Denver. I had already put in fresh gas and checked the compression, 165 psi. Started on the fifth pull. Saw seemed to have good power so I went outside and tried to cut a 16 inch hedge. The chain was so dull it wouldn't cut anything. Went back to the garage and hand filed the chain, my first attempt. By the time I was done with the chain it was dark. I was busy all day Saturday so on Sunday went to cut a load of hedge. The 133 fired right up but still would not cut. It seems I can not sharpen a chain so I sent my son to town for a new chain. While he was gone I got out the stihl 026 I had bought off craigslist on Monday. I had already put a good chain on it. It fired right up and cut like a dream. I really like the 026. I had bought it to resell but I think I'll probably keep it. When my son got back we put the new chain on the dolmar and fired it up. We got into some hedge big enough to bury the tip on the 20 inch bar and it never bogged down. It's a keeper. I have CAD and I like it.

youl figure out the sharpening,

when i sharpen i like to run my hand over the teeth, when they easily draw blood i call it good

I only took three stroke per tooth and I am now covinced as dull as it was it needed at least double that. I'll keep trying until I get it right.

Way to go, Ward! I look forward to seeing the big Dolmar. Never run one.
026 is an awesome saw. Everybody should have one. I have three for sale. just tuned them to 14K with a tach. CLAFBOH!

Way to go, Ward! I look forward to seeing the big Dolmar. Never run one.
026 is an awesome saw. Everybody should have one. I have three for sale. just tuned them to 14K with a tach. CLAFBOH!

Have you got the rest of the hackberry down yet. If not I will try to bring the dolmar over when you work on it and give you a hand. I am anxious to see you tear into some of it with your 660. I am talking to a lady about taking down a 45 foot pine I thought we could work on it together if she says yes.

Back