Had a problem with a 266

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mud Dobber nest in the muffler?

I thought about that one too but it's pretty common I would think you could really tell by listening to it too. I am still gonna give it a +1 though :)

High speed jet was either missing or screwed out as far as it could be adjust ed. causing either near instant flooding requiring several starting rope pulls to clear.

Well we are getting some really good answers/guesses here guy`s but this problem was a really rare one and only one guess so far is close as it is in the right area, remember think outside the box.
Pioneerguy600

why do you keep making me go back to your first post where the pics are..... thats just mean :cry:

Serg

Cause I get too many complaints from other readers if the picts are posted on each reply. So far all the guesses are all good ones but they are the fairly common problems associated with chainsaws and this saw had a one in a, I was gonna say a million but that would be inaccurate so lets say it would be rare at best.
Pioneerguy600

bad roller tip, bad clutch , bad bearing, chain on wrong, wrong or bad sprocket?
just guessing on some less obvious

I had a problem like this with my 154 she would start on the fist pull and ran great without the cover but as soon i put the cover she would shut off even at full throttle the cover was pushing the kill switch cable on the crankcase so it was shorting i just make a little hole to pass the cable but i don't know the source of your problem!

Latest posts

Back