Had to cut these 3 trees, to move the trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hupte

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
so my friend calls me and needs help moving a trailer, "ok" i thought, "no problem." then he said to bring some tools. that sounded strange but ok... then he said we need a chainsaw too... what the?? what kind of a trailer is this?? he said it was a small trailer but a couple scrub trees grew up around it. so i get there and this is what i see. the trees, left to right, are a mulberry, cherry, and box-elder maple. i didnt keep the wood cause i just finished haulin home 12 loads of wood the day before. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/cut-a-lil-hedge-yesterday.269537/
imagejpeg_0_zpsde6e422d.jpg

I cut down the mulbery and the box elder maple. I only cut the top off the cherry so that i could cut it flush with the ground. also to keep the saw away from the steel on the trailer.

DSCN0482_zps8f6d9118.jpg
DSCN0484_zps8423e9bf.jpg
DSCN0485_zps76e389e5.jpg

we had to jack the trailer up and get some boards/frozen dirt under it. you can see by the line on the tire that it was sunk in up to the axles. this is my partner in crime. lol.
DSCN0487_zpsb2b5f8dd.jpg

DSCN0486_zpsd0719163.jpg

we ended up moving the trailer with the skid loader. it went good after we got air in the tires.
DSCN0488_zps7c9a4d83.jpg

he said the trailer was there for 6-8 years. I'm kicking myself for not counting the growth rings. i think it was more like 12-15

I think you are onto something on the timeframe. It is very doubtful that those were 8 year old trees. There is nothing like being the go to guy when there is a job to be done! Were the bearings seized up on the trailer?

so my friend calls me and needs help moving a trailer, "ok" i thought, "no problem." then he said to bring some tools. that sounded strange but ok... then he said we need a chainsaw too... what the?? what kind of a trailer is this?? he said it was a small trailer but a couple scrub trees grew up around it. so i get there and this is what i see. the trees, left to right, are a mulberry, cherry, and box-elder maple. i didnt keep the wood cause i just finished haulin home 12 loads of wood the day before. http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/cut-a-lil-hedge-yesterday.269537/
imagejpeg_0_zpsde6e422d.jpg

I cut down the mulbery and the box elder maple. I only cut the top off the cherry so that i could cut it flush with the ground. also to keep the saw away from the steel on the trailer.

DSCN0482_zps8f6d9118.jpg
DSCN0484_zps8423e9bf.jpg
DSCN0485_zps76e389e5.jpg

we had to jack the trailer up and get some boards/frozen dirt under it. you can see by the line on the tire that it was sunk in up to the axles. this is my partner in crime. lol.
DSCN0487_zpsb2b5f8dd.jpg

DSCN0486_zpsd0719163.jpg

we ended up moving the trailer with the skid loader. it went good after we got air in the tires.
DSCN0488_zps7c9a4d83.jpg

he said the trailer was there for 6-8 years. I'm kicking myself for not counting the growth rings. i think it was more like 12-15

Damn that's hilarious lol. I need more friends that would help me out with something like that.

On another note, some of the neglected things I see are mind boggling. I'm not saying this about your friend or anything as I have no idea about his circumstances but I see dump trailers sitting in yards allowed to rot away, homes falling apart around people, trees slowly growing into cars/homes/etc. The list goes on. Jeez people, a little maintenance goes a long way. It's so much easier to keep up with something when the issue is small vs having a major job on your hands after years of neglect.

Yeah previous owner neglected our property when her husband died it's been a uphill battle with trees, brush, ect....

Mulberry trees grow like crazy around my place. I would say they are maybe a bit older than 8 years, but I have some in my fenceline that are getting pretty big. Need to get them cut and dowsed with Tordon. If I had some area to let them grow, I would. Branches are NASTY, they get all entangled in each other. Sucks cutting in fenceline.

At least got the trailer out. If the dust caps on hubs, rear seals would have to be pretty bad to get moisture in and lock up bearings. I would replace seals and repack bearings, GTG. Looks like would make nice wood hauler.

There is nothing like being the go to guy when there is a job to be done! Were the bearings seized up on the trailer?

its ok. i like helpin ppl. :) the bearings still rolled fine. so that made it easy.

Awesome! So how was the trailer? Aside from the tires, it looks like it's a nice little wood hauler!

it was still in good shape. Frame was still solid. he said it was his wood hauler years ago when he used to burn wood.

I would say they are maybe a bit older than 8 years,
At least got the trailer out. If the dust caps on hubs, rear seals would have to be pretty bad to get moisture in and lock up bearings. I would replace seals and repack bearings, GTG. Looks like would make nice wood hauler.

i agree completely... i asked what he planned to do with all his stuff he had there (trailer, old diesel generator, 3 old cars, multiple axles, trailer hitches, torch tanks) he said he'd get around to messing with it some day. i asked what its all worth once its fixed up. he said pennies. then i asked why he keeps all this stuff and pays 75 per month to keep it all there. he shrugged.... to each their own.

Latest posts

Back