Handle Padding

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RES

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The handle padding on a couple of my Stihl 020av's was torn to shreds. Solution 3/4" heater hose. It took a lot of liquid soap and elbow grease but I was able to get it on. More cushion than the original. At one time you could buy the original padding separately. I think you have to buy the complete handle now.

The exact fit hose is available from Stihl.

The easier (still as pain) way is to use a decent size compressor, connect it to the end of the hose material, then slide the other end of the hose over the handle bar. The air expands the rubber and floats it onto the handle. The secret - you need three of your own hands, or, a foot operated valve to control the amount of air flow - too much and it wants to blow off, and too little it will stick. I just used a ball valve... I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Lakeside53 said:
The exact fit hose is available from Stihl.

The easier (still as pain) way is to use a decent size compressor, connect it to the end of the hose material, then slide the other end of the hose over the handle bar. The air expands the rubber and floats it onto the handle. The secret - you need three of your own hands, or, a foot operated valve to control the amount of air flow - too much and it wants to blow off, and too little it will stick. I just used a ball valve... I can post pics if anyone is interested.

The compressed air method definitely works - used it to remove golf grips intact.

See attached photo of the bicycle grips on my 1050. Some may feel they are too soft, but they really cut the vibrations from that 28lb. 1050

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back