Handsaw neck injury 12-05-06 Warning, graphic pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More on safety

Just to add to the safety side......
You said you climbed up, then roped up your bow.
If you were using a gun, make sure to unload first/
An old friend of mine and I were in the woods one day w/the deer laughing at us,.
I was walking, he was in a tree stand.
I heard a shot shortly after we split up.
I go over to see what he shot.
Turns out, he climbed up, roped up his 12 ga, ....loaded.
A twig hit the trigger and it fired, just missing.
No harm, huge foul.

I read this when you posted back a few years ago savageayape and didn't comment. Wanted to applaud you for coming forward with your story. Anytime we make a mistake it is kind of embarrassing, I know this first hand.

I have copied and posted your story on my bowhunting forum twice now. Once when you first posted it and again today.

I have actually went to trim a limb while in my climbing tree stand and nearly pulled myself out of the thing and I do this stuff for a living.. Came very lose to tipping it. Got to be very careful when trimming limbs from a platform stand. It's best to be tied in just as if you are working on the job.

Thank you guys. I was surprised to see this post again. It's been a few years, but the safety message stays the same. My neck has healed up well, but there is a long permanent scar. It doesn't look as bad as I though it would.

I'm also now the proud owner of two silky saws. Those things are great. I'm glad I didn't have my sugoi when I cut my neck.

Latest posts

Back