Happily Married?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigJohn

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Those of you who are still happily married where did yall find a girl who can put up with tree worker.

Hi Big John, I hear ya. With the bankers hours that most treeclimbers work, I guess the wife would get pretty annoyed with them being around the house all the time and under their feet and playing tree guy on AB. LOL
After awhile the insignificant other would get sick of hearing, "get a job", and "take out the garbage while you're at it!"
John

My wife is a tree worker, so I guess she has to put up with me being one too.:D

She's pretty lucky though because she's my wife she gets away with quite a bit that I wouldnt permit from any employee.

;)

anybody else work with their wife? I know of another local fellow who's wife climbs regularly and she is the foreman(forewoman) of the crew.

my wife pretty much just picks up after me, and does a d a m n good job of it too!! Just like at home:D :D

I currently have GF who I picked up at rideing stable. Thats where she lived. I am tired of doing her laundry cooking her dinner cleaning up after her dogs and haveing to sleep with her dogs. There has to be a better way. Its like being married to me.

Yeah maybe walmart

Originally posted by Stumper
Church.

Na!
ASI should have male, female singles meets.

I know what you are saying, ..., here it was can't you talk about anything else anymore?

I'm looking for a woman who can at least appreciate the experiences we talk out of if not even climg.

Jack

The question was-"where'd you find her?". Church is the answer. -Frankly, I think that would be a far finer place to start a lasting relationship than a bar. No point in faking it though. I don't recommend church as a place to pick up women(I don't recommend "picking up" women anyway.) but it is an ideal place to meet someone of similar values -IF you are a believer.:angel:

I was thinking about this the other day... most tree workers I have met are male. I have met in several female tree workers in the past though, nice ladies. If you guys weren't tree care workers, but you were going with a female tree care worker, would you feel emasculated if your career was something which held a lot less risk?

Matt, How could a bunch of tree guys answer honestly about not being tree guys? Personally, I did not obtain my genitalia through my occupation. I do not perform my work as a high risk occupation. Sitting at a desk performing clerical work day after day is statistically dangerous-most of those guys have heart attacks before they reach 60. It sounds horrible to me.;)

Wife finding

First one,a county fair,bad choice .Second one,a tavern and a keeper.Go figure!:)

First one, a setup by a friend, didn't last. Second one, met while working at a school, shazamm!

First one while an leave from the Navy. She was in love with the idea of jets and being stationed at Miramar. When I left the Navy, it spiraled downward. Quickly.
Current (and second) was actually a customer of mine (lawn care div). I kept noticing she would call about "concerns" with her lawn, that really were reasons to call and talk. I noticed I would call to be sure her concerns were met, which were merely reasons to call and talk. So I finally bit the bullet and asked her out. Best thing that ever happened to me, she is my wife and something I never expected, my best friend.
-Ralph the devoted

Last edited:
Best friend,wife

Something about that ,perhaps,rings a little bell.I have ,and still do,best of friends,all of my life.I have had,way too many,I have burried.I have only ,ever had one,a wife,that is my best friend,means a lot.A person is very lucky,indeed,if you have,a half dozen close,dear friends,in your entire lifetime.I am talking about the friends,you don't have to make excusses to,who would and do,follow you to the gates of hades.The friends,who would back you ,against all odds.And ,wouldn't it be nice,if it was your wife.In my case,it is.

Originally posted by tophopper
[anybody else work with their wife? I know of another local fellow who's wife climbs regularly and she is the foreman(forewoman) of the crew.]

Hey
My wife is a Horticulturalist and we work together everyday.
We met in the industry and we have the same interests.
She even drags brush and leaves the climbin to me:cool:
Later
John

Met her at a stable. Just so happened that a buddy of mine owned the barn and property at the time.

Latest posts

Back