Happily Married?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by treeman82
I was thinking about this the other day... most tree workers I have met are male. I have met in several female tree workers in the past though, nice ladies.
Thanks for the reminder. I met a smashingly beautiful climber from Ontario this past weekend. No ring eitheir....

My life is just the opposite Derek no need to feel sorry for me, be happy I love my life. I also enjoy sacking out in that big bed. Some people love being married and others it's just not in there cards. Read these lyrics Life isn't so bad after all if your learning everyday.

To all the girls I've loved before
Who travelled in and out my door
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song

To all the girls I once caressed
And may I say I've held the best
For helping me to grow
I owe a lot I know

The winds of change are always blowing
And every time I try to stay
The winds of change continue blowing
And they just carry me away

To all the girls who shared my life
Who now are someone else's wives
I'm glad they came along
I dedicate this song

To all the girls who cared for me
Who filled my nights with ecstasy
They live within my heart
I'll always be a part
Of all the girls I've loved before

The winds of change are always blowing
And every time I try to stay
The winds of change continue blowing
And they just carry me away

To all the girls we've loved before
Who travelled in and out our doors
We're glad they came along
We dedicate this song

Who travelled in and out our doors
We're glad they came along
We dedicate this song
To all the girls we've loved before...

Thats cool "willy" i wish i had the lirics to Baker street in front of me...I can't help but relate to most of it..

Hes got this dream
bout buying some land

Gunna give up the booze
and the one nite stands

and then hell settel down
in some quite little town

and forget about everything

But you know he'll always keep moving ...etc

I understand where your comming from now Bro..I hope you have a ball with single life..ENJOY...Derek M.V.P.:cool:

Met mine while she was crawling around in diapers on the floor of the nursery at church......oh yeah I was still in diapers too:D . Guess I could say we had a 18 year engagement. She's the best thing that has happened to me and has given me a wonderful son and a beautiful daughter also. We all go hunting and fishing and my son will even join me in a tree or two. She keeps me in line and I pick up after her (a little). 28 years later(as of 2 weeks ago) we still wonder where the time has gone and have no regrets. Holding a newborn granddaughter has got one of next best things :angel:

One order of Baker Street coming up.

winding you way down on baker street
light in your head and dead on your feet
well another crazy day
you'll drink the night away

this city's dance makes you feel so cold
it's got so many people that it's got no soul
and its taking you so long
to find out you were wrong
when you thought it held everything

you used to think that it was so easy
you used to say that it was so easy
but you're trying, you're trying now

another year and then you'll be happy
just one more year and then you'll be happy
but you're crying, you're crying now

way down the street there's a lad in his place
he opens the door
and he's got that look on his face
and he asks you were you've been
you tell him who you've seen
and you talk about everything

he's got this dream about buying some land
he's gonna give up the crack and the one night stands
and then he'll settle down
in some quiet little town

but you know he'll always keep moving
you know he's never gonna stop moving
cause he's rolling, he's a rolling stone

when you wake up it's a new morning
the sun is shining it's a new morning
you're going, your going' home

wow man thanx...funny how ive never seen the lyricks written before..Its actualy more "surreal" than I thought, than if i sing along with it..I have thought that some words were slightly different. but over so many different "stages" of my life , it seems Gerry is singing my song!

So much truth to it, for me...Thanx again Mark

Originally posted by Marky Mark
Most of my firends are tied down and I see what it does to them and their lives. Running around, picking this child up here, dropping one off there, you rely on someone elses emotions and the way they feel at any given moment.

My wife was out of town and I spent the whole weekend with my 2 year old son. We went to the park, rode the kiddie train, played on the swings, slides, etc. He had fun riding around in my pickup, which he doesn't normally get to do. We didn't do anything I wanted to do, but still it was the best weekend I've had in a long time. I was very happy when my wife got back though!:D

I realize the family thing is not for everyone, and it's true I've had to make some major sacrifices, but when that little boy runs to me and gives me a hug, it's all worth it.

Here's a pic of the boy.

more insperation

Beautifully put RB..

And a great looking boy...(And good to, hasent drawn you climbing on the mural background) Max would of by now..

Our second child was born sesserion(?) I had no sooner givin Toni a kiss as she went through the doors, I went to the waiting room to get a coffee. and had all hell scared out of me ...The nurse was calling for me, never got to put milk in it...

I thought the worst because of the tone in the nurses vioce..

She asked if i wanted to hold MY DAUGHTER!

Truley an amazing experence, the nurse left the room I was alone with this tiny beautifull girl, 3 minutes old...AWESTRUCK..

The playing we all do, the books and puzzeles "hide and seek" is the flavor of the month, the shear joy they get out of it is so very worth the odd naughty day( today for example)..Kids are one of thoses things that is almost impossable to describe, they certanily pull Toni and I a lot closer together than we were, they made us a "FAMILY" nice word isnt it?

See what Ive got in the file on them..Love my kids...

Originally posted by Crofter
Nick, besides being smashingly beautiful, did she have any redeeming qualities?
Did I not say smashingly beautiful climber? It was fun talking to her too. I got the sense that she's a much better climber than I even though she started this past summer. :( Gotta get back out and train!

Thanks, Derek. Good looking kids you've got too. My boy really is a good kid. Everywhere we go I see other kids saying to there kids "Why can't you be more like that boy" and point at my son. He really is well mannered and doesn't act up much. I guess he gets his looks AND manners from his mommy!:D

hey RB did you ever see "blast from the past" about a family that lived in a bunker for 25 years..? It had ALICIA SILVERSTONE and some guy in it...

I feel a bit like that here somtimes ...Max and Katie deffenatly get their looks from mum...The Manners are my department, and he so loves to please dad with good maners..

Funny hey, when I look at other kids somtimes I wish THEY could be more like Maximilian..Katie still gets a bit cranky..But she'll get there to..Max is so busy correcting her all the time...Thay sure are great together..Now..I only hope they dont turn into fighting with each other (like I did)...

Hey nick what did you say again?
Thanks for the reminder. I met a smashingly beautiful climber from Ontario this past weekend. No ring eitheir....

oh thats right I remember now ..Do you?

Ps now if i can just keep him out of trees till hes 7 , and harder still to say no! to playing with all my gear...He seems to need more gear than I do...Go figure

Originally posted by Derek
hey RB did you ever see "blast from the past" about a family that lived in a bunker for 25 years..? It had ALICIA SILVERSTONE and some guy in it...

Brendan Fraser I believe. So Max is the calm one huh? I guess I will have to see the personality of the next one. My brother and I fought like cats and dogs daily. I hope my kids don't fight like that.:angel:

Twisted humor

hey Roger, Brendon is one of my all time best/funniest actors.

That Aussie sence of humour is "out there" today!...I thought it was funny as hell...But hey Alicia's not so easy to forget is she!

Max has amazing patiance, far better than most adults I know..

Four kids in our family..My sister and I are 11 months apart, she is still a (joking) smartass about being the same age as me for a few weeks...we fought like cats and dogs ( most dogs and cats anywho)..But these days and for so many years now the best of freinds...Is that why she is so Bold at times, having to defend herself againt 3 brothers most of her younger life? shes pretty tough for a chick! has know problems telling you what she thinks

whether, weather, wh(?) shes right or not your gunna here her side very loudley!!

Re: Twisted humor

Originally posted by Derek
Max has amazing patiance, far better than most adults I know..

I know what you mean. Will is so meticulous at times. Sometimes i want to get going somewhere and he very neatly puts all his toys/books/whatever away. I have to remind myself that this is a good thing. He does it at bedtime as a stalling tactic, to try to stay up later. It usually takes 45 minutes to read him 3-4 books before bed. Even when he tries my patience I can't help but smile though.:D

I know exactley where your comming from...I just hope his Manners dont turn into "obsesive compulsive dissorders"

Just try to move him if theres somthing on his shoe (chicken crap useally) He then wants the commpressor turned on to clean them...Just like dad does when working in mud and the like...
Works really well to. He even goes to his climbing gear bag and gets goggels..

When I wrote about the car theft some months ago, I mentioned that i was in Sydney for 10 months, Brisbane before that, then at that stage 11 months on the line..

In hindsight It was so good to be with the kids so much, they knew who I was of course and we spoke every night at 7pm( he learnt to tell time by three and a half, its the only time he can answer the phone) ...

But wow what had i missed out on? I got to know them past a few hours on the weekends and they are increadible things.. the
interaction between them is so cute to watch, can't get that over the phone!..

Its a very important age for them to have Dad around a bit, and as we all know from nappies to school is a very short step..

I dont want to miss it, by the time there in school it might be better( or worse) The joys of parenting...

Hard desions to make at the moment....

Here they are downing eggs..

I have a friend that got divorced awhile back. He doesn't live in the area anymore, but visits his kids on the weekends. He still has a house here, because that house is "home" to the boys. He said that when the boys get older, and don't want to spend all the time they can with their dad, he will probably sell the house. That one hit me like a punch in the gut, these kids are like nephews to me (matter of fact, they call me uncle Roger:D). It's pretty sad, but makes me think that I want to spend as much time as I can with my son.

as an adult now Rodger i see quite clearly that my mum and Dad stayed together for ths sake of the kids!

they "fell out of love" 10 years before they spit..That must of been very hard to "act" all the time...

I see my sister go through bitter custudy battels with the idiot ex huband.. and have seen my fair share of single parent familys ...

It rips the beautifull children to bits!...and feeds lawers kids..

I wont let our relationship ever fail, but if somthing did happen between Toni and I , the kids wouldent suffer because of it..

I think I to could do as my parents did and keep the family unit together...Praying of course that will never happen...Derek..

Derek, it is my opinion that people these days take the easy way out instead of working through their problems. In some cases, such as abuse and the like I have no problem with divorce. The negative stigma attached to divorce no longer exists I guess.

Back