Happily Married?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihlatit said:
Met my wife at the local frostee freeze ice cream shop. That was 40 years ago. We were married after 4 years and have been happy and sad through that time. Marriage takes work and I for one feel that I am married to one of the most beautiful women that exists. She looks great from the outside but looks even better when you see her through the inside. She is the pillar of our family and has done a fantastic job raising our two great gals......our daughters. I can not imagine life without this women by my side. It surely would not be the same. I thank god for my wonderful family.

Attaboy Arnie! Looks good on ya! Coming up on 25 years married myself

I, like most of my friends married a nurse. Makes sense I'm always dinged up a bit, and nurses seem to have a need to take care of people.

trimmmed said:
Attaboy Arnie! Looks good on ya! Coming up on 25 years married myself

Good for you Dave. It's nice to hear that some people still stay married. My parents are going on 35 years. But all around me, many, many of my friends are divorced, divorcing, or are just plain unhappily married.

Looks like this thread had gained new life!
I'm the climber, my hubby is the groundie, we met through sailing - tall ships race, Bermuda to Halifax, I was crew he was the Captain!
20 years and 35,000 ocean miles and many trees later, we're still going!
I kid my hubby the only reason he married me is because I was small enough to fit in his engine room! :heart: We crossed an ocean together before we were married, 19 days alone together through all kinds of weather will soon let you know if you fit each other!
I really like working with him, there is a great sense of security in knowing that the person on the ground has your best interests truly at heart, I can always ask him for a second opinion on something, he's great with the ropes and rigging stuff, he built our house, builds boats, fixes everything, except my chainsaws!
He's my sweetie and has dimples!

OTG BOSTON said:
I, like most of my friends married a nurse. Makes sense I'm always dinged up a bit, and nurses seem to have a need to take care of people.

Married a nurse too. Met her at a "foresters-nurses" party at her house---which she threw me out of at 2 a.m. That was 21 years ago.

Bermie said:
Looks like this thread had gained new life!
I'm the climber, my hubby is the groundie, we met through sailing - tall ships race, Bermuda to Halifax, I was crew he was the Captain!
20 years and 35,000 ocean miles and many trees later, we're still going!
I kid my hubby the only reason he married me is because I was small enough to fit in his engine room! :heart: We crossed an ocean together before we were married, 19 days alone together through all kinds of weather will soon let you know if you fit each other!
I really like working with him, there is a great sense of security in knowing that the person on the ground has your best interests truly at heart, I can always ask him for a second opinion on something, he's great with the ropes and rigging stuff, he built our house, builds boats, fixes everything, except my chainsaws!
He's my sweetie and has dimples!

Wow ...........Great stuff Bermie........life is a hoot.

yesterday was 14 year anniversry .Found her in the back of a truck at a flee market 15 years ago. Still in love. cant belive she put up with my crap this long.

Met my wife in 1st grade. 17 years later we got married. I know that's pretty late in WV,but we thought it best that she finished college first so she could support me in the manner to which I had become accustomed. Just celebrated our 30th. She encouraged me to buy the MS 361 and the Mac 125C shortly afterward. Need I saw more?

Lawn Mower
When our lawn mower broke and wouldn't run, my wife kept hinting to me that I should get it fixed. But, somehow I always had something else to take care of first, the truck, the car, fishing, always something more important to me.

Finally she thought of a clever way to make her point.

When I arrived home one day, I found her seated in the tall grass, busily snipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors. I watched silently for a short time and then went into the house.
I was gone a few minutes. When I came out again I handed her a toothbrush. "When you finish
cutting the grass," I said, "you might as well sweep the sidewalk."

The doctors say I will walk again, but I will always have a limp

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right,and
the other is a husband.

:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: :ices_rofl:

Latest posts

Back