Happy Easter !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking there is no happy easter thread. Well happy easter to you aswell. To all of you members with young kids goodluck in the easter egg hunt this morning.

He is RISEN! And a good day to tear up some Russian olive as well!

onoz.gif

zombie_road_sign_austin.jpg

"He is risen, AS HE SAID!!!" May you seek and find that which is greater than us, a Savior... He told us He was going to do this! A great Easter to all! Went to a pretty awesome sunrise service!

Leviticus 23 spells out what we are truly suppose to celebrate. Funny there is no mention of Easter (the holiday that moves with the Sunday closest to the full moon after the Spring equinox) in the bible. I really understand people's desire to appease the Heavenly father, and his son's scacrifice to us all, but Easter is Pagan, not of our Heavenly father. I use to celebrate Easter, and I wondered why no one at church used to tell me why the day was moved every year, how eggs came about, or why ham is the traditional meal. Yes, it's hard to swallow once you find out, but it's also easy to let go of. Appeasing Christ and thanking him for his sacrifice can and should be done in other ways, if you desire and seek him. Once you know the truth, it is blasphemy to celebrate it IMHO. I am of no particular religon, or cult, so please spare me. Just read the good book and try to follow his laws.

Leviticus 23 spells out what we are truly suppose to celebrate. Funny there is no mention of Easter (the holiday that moves with the Sunday closest to the full moon after the Spring equinox) in the bible. I really understand people's desire to appease the Heavenly father, and his son's scacrifice to us all, but Easter is Pagan, not of our Heavenly father. I use to celebrate Easter, and I wondered why no one at church used to tell me why the day was moved every year, how eggs came about, or why ham is the traditional meal. Yes, it's hard to swallow once you find out, but it's also easy to let go of. Appeasing Christ and thanking him for his sacrifice can and should be done in other ways, if you desire and seek him. Once you know the truth, it is blasphemy to celebrate it IMHO. I am of no particular religon, or cult, so please spare me. Just read the good book and try to follow his laws.

There goes the "happy" part. :dizzy:

Still; Happy Easter to all of you and your families.

There goes the "happy" part. :dizzy:

Still; Happy Easter to all of you and your families.

What...dig deeper into it. You see, faith as in blind faith is dangerous. I once was lead by a pastor too. Crock of ****. Go read and seek him. If you want to attend church, fine. Go ahead many people have a lot of friends there, fall on their knees for show, and cry to Jesus cause' we are all sinners. Bla bla. Kinda gets old. Then they forget to tell you that you are worshiping a Pagan Holiday with no mention in the Bible. The truth just stings a bit. Trust me, I have pisssed off a lot of Christians I know that cannot defend any of it! SO why celebrate it? I know it's cause they think they are paying homage to the heavenly father's son dying for us, which is great, but not like this. It's twisted.

A contradiction, basically.

I'm not falling into the "what Easter is all about" fuss, I do want to say Happy Easter to everyone. We will have around 75 kids here today hunting eggs and eating Easter dinner. My wife and her six sisters have populated this part of the world, (we believe in doing our part). A big get together for us today, hope you all get to share this fine day with your loved ones too.

Christ's Crucifixion and Resurrection occurred after the observance of Passover (think Jesus' Last Supper), the date of which was determined by the Hebrew religious calendar (reference Exodus 12:1-29 for the Passover story), which was lunar in nature, and actually had a "leap month" every three years or so. This is why Easter is on a different day each year.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back