happy ending to the 5100 that lean seized

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boike

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
The situation with the 5100 that I had problems with about a month ago finally have been resolved. Dolmar has agreed to cover the saw under warranty(it was just about a year OUT of warranty)! I am pretty happy to say the least and going to learn how to tune on it when she returns home.
After getting the run around from the Dolmar dealer in Culpepper VA that originally sold the saw to me(no longer a Dolmar dealer) I called into the distributor. They put me in touch with Cutting Edge in Winchester, who seem to really have a handle on the 5100 issues. Either way I am happy this has ended. They also mentioned re-routing some wires so the saw cools better while he has the saw down. They never did come out and say exactly why the saw seized, but they did test the gas and it only came back at 5% eth.

Thanks to everyone that gave some good advice on the issue!

I am glad the story had a happy ending. I like my 5100 a lot. Hopefully, you will get many years of useful service from your saw.

The situation with the 5100 that I had problems with about a month ago finally have been resolved. Dolmar has agreed to cover the saw under warranty(it was just about a year OUT of warranty)! I am pretty happy to say the least and going to learn how to tune on it when she returns home.
After getting the run around from the Dolmar dealer in Culpepper VA that originally sold the saw to me(no longer a Dolmar dealer) I called into the distributor. They put me in touch with Cutting Edge in Winchester, who seem to really have a handle on the 5100 issues. Either way I am happy this has ended. They also mentioned re-routing some wires so the saw cools better while he has the saw down. They never did come out and say exactly why the saw seized, but they did test the gas and it only came back at 5% eth.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww good to hear. Goes to show what alittle patience will do. Hows that 200 running? Have you broke it in yet??

After getting the run around from the Dolmar dealer in Culpepper VA that originally sold the saw to me(no longer a Dolmar dealer) I called into the distributor. They put me in touch with Cutting Edge in Winchester who seem to really have a handle on the 5100 issues. ,

hey mr. hall,
have you been moonlighting just down the road?
:)

i am glad to hear that the O/P was taken care of. especially with the saw being a year out of warranty. :clap:

Glad you found a shop to take care of you........

If that Cutting Edge in Winchester VA. is anything like the guys in Greenwich NY. Your in good hands ....:cheers::cheers:

I do not think the shop in Winchester has any ties to 'the cutting edge' but I could be wrong. Either way they are making me happy!

T-hall, the 200 is running good, got out and cleared all the trails the pines and cedars had closed off. Only have about 1/2 gal in it so far, but doing great! Thanks again.

I do not think the shop in Winchester has any ties to 'the cutting edge' but I could be wrong. Either way they are making me happy!

T-hall, the 200 is running good, got out and cleared all the trails the pines and cedars had closed off. Only have about 1/2 gal in it so far, but doing great! Thanks again.

They dont .........

Back