Happy Thanksgiving

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morewood

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just hoping all of you get to spend time with family and friends enjoying the holiday. Give thanks for whatever it is you have, and be happy with it. I've been smoking a brisket since 6:30 this morning. I threw all the fat trimmings in the furnace and now every time I go outside it smells like a burger joint.........awesome!! Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Shea

PS-Thanks go out to all of you for all the help and information I've needed over the years.

Happy Turkey Day!

Har,

me big brother is havin' the feast over at his place.

I'm very thankful because the money I save putting one together will go to my next project.

I use Hickory and Oak mainly. No secret rubs, no black magic. Temps between 225-250 until internal temps reach 160ish, wrap in foil and keep going. You can read all over about when to pull it off but when I have reached 190ish internally it has been tender. Basic spice rub( I used seasoned salt/black pepper this time). The most time should go into the prep. Trim off all th hard fat that just won't render well(a lot). Take off as much membrane off the flat as you can. Enjoy the process. Mine won't be coming off the grill until sometime after 3 this afternoon.

Shea

With my smoker being a stick burner I have to check it every 15 minutes or so to keep it right.....gotta go.

Morning All: Happy Thanksgiving to ya. The wife is busy putting Thanksgiving Diner together. Plopped the Turkey in the oven just a moment ago. The aroma is already filling the house. :rock::popcorn:

Latest posts

Back