Hardy H2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a way to keep these units from smoking so much? I am thinking about Hooking one up, my thought was if I burn my seasoned wood in it, but on fill it half full it wouldn’t smoke as much. Compared to filling it to the top and walking away. I am home a lot, so I could load it multiple times a day. I have neighbors fairly close, and don’t want to smoke them out more then I do with my Hotblast now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excess smoke has to be related to the moisture content in the wood. When the fan kicks on you will have a little bit more smoke until the fire stokes but I don't think the Hardy would put out any more then other brands. If you are sensitive to your neighbors try adding some extra stack pipes to get the smoke over their houses.

I have a heatmor. Several buddies have hardies. I will say that no mater what they try, they smoke. Amost like they don't get enough air or the blower is not up to speed. But they smoke bad. Wet wood makes it worse. You can add a taller stack. They still smoke

I have a heatmor. Several buddies have hardies. I will say that no mater what they try, they smoke. Amost like they don't get enough air or the blower is not up to speed. But they smoke bad. Wet wood makes it worse. You can add a taller stack. They still smoke

What heatmor model do you have? I looked at a 200 the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back