hardy outside stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff2173

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has a hardy. Ive got a H4 not sure what the water level should be. There is a 3/4in pipe in the tank should the water be below this or above? I got this used and replaced float and not sure were to set it. Thanks for any help.

I think that all hardy's have auto fill that screws into that fitting. Should be to the top, if Yours is the same as one one I saw. :monkey:

Your right it does have auto fill and that is what i replaced on it. but I can ajust the fill level and I donot know were to set the fill at

I never had an autofill before but fill it up till it comes out the top and call it good.

Just wondering if anyone has a hardy. Ive got a H4 not sure what the water level should be. There is a 3/4in pipe in the tank should the water be below this or above? I got this used and replaced float and not sure were to set it. Thanks for any help.

Hi Jeff,
I have an H4 also and the water level is set about 3 inches below full. You really don't want the stove to run over and take the risk of getting the insulation wet. Great stove.

depending on the age of stove i have 2 of them and the water level is below the pipe that comes into the canister sideways about a inch i would say!! i wanted more water in my stoves so i went to lowes and bought a 3 inch long brass 1/8 nippe and a coupling and then screwed the float into the coupling and it raised the water level to about a inch from the top of the canister !! good luck

dah - Are you happy with your Hardy stoves? We installed on a few weeks ago and should have it going pretty soon. Just curious on your thoughts, good to hear others have Hardy Wood Stoves.

some pictures
http://icreek.com/stove/

i didnt see any trees around and that looks like a cold walk early of a morning :) anyway how old is the stove? did you get a good deal on it? and you'll need to become familiar with your chain saw!! i normally use around 10 cords a year! if you have any questions let me know ! its a good looking set-up and a nice home also

trees

dah -

I updated the below link with some other photos, yeah the wood stove is sitting pretty much in the open... We built our new house about 5 years ago at the high point of a family farm, kind of in an old pasture/field. The advantages are high elevation for sharing wi-fi and sitting off the road about 1/2 mile. Disadvantages are the newly planted trees will take many years to grow : )

The Hardy H2 is about 55 ft from the house and I have about a 35 ft run inside the house to the utility room. I did not want it to close for smoke reasons, and then had to cross the driveway for a level spot. I guess it will be close when I reload in the early evenings when I get home, the morning load will be a little walk. Currently I have some wood stacked for wind break, and might build a covered wood shack or something later, also have a shed that is petty close to one side. Good point on the sawing, been out twice so far cutting wood on the farm using tractor and wagon or 4wheeler and trailer, many more weekend cuttings planned. The stove is about 10 years old, and the cost was free as my brother in law upgrade to an H4. It has a new outer skin and insulation and the grates were replaced not long ago. I cleaned it out and everything looks very nice, we did have to replace the blower motor, but found one of those for little cost.

I am thinking about installing a white rodgers two stage themostat, so both my propane furnace heat and the wood stove can be controlled from one thermostat, and according to my HVAC friend, the propane can 'kick in' if needed without manual intervention (sp?). The plan is to do the wiring, plumbing, etc. in the next week or two. I will take some pictures and maybe create a 'project' post later.

http://icreek.com/stove/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back