Has anyone tried R/C fuel in a saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell i dunno, but you dont have to shout.

20,000 is just alittle hard for my novice saw tuning brain to swallow.

I could see with a beefy all race, circle crank, everything balanced to the 1000th of a gram type motor.

I dunno, just sounds like horse ####... if not thats way cool!!

There are some model engines that turn well over 35000 revs...

And alot of those model airplane engines were in fact Dolmar 3.7 (116si) and 4.1 (120si) and 5.8 (143mx) cubic inch engines........

Scott

Actually....engines. A saw is an engine with a cutting attachment.

Dont #### with me.

We are talking about saws, machines that can hp & torque a saw chain through some solid wood.

The way you talk every guy would have a 16:1, 700 somthing lift & 320 somthing duration 426ci in their 13 speed ford LtL 9000 burnin 130+ crazy fuel clockin 1600+ HP & bout 900 @ 8900 rpm .................

I am talking about a lowly chainsaw. . .

Dont #### with me.

We are talking about saws, machines that can hp & torque a saw chain through some solid wood.

The way you talk every guy would have a 16:1, 700 somthing lift & 320 somthing duration 426ci in their 13 speed ford LtL 9000 burnin 130+ crazy fuel clockin 1600+ HP & bout 900 @ 8900 rpm .................

I am talking about a lowly chainsaw. . .

LOL!!!! Have you been drinking:cheers:

Not sure how well this would work with spark ignition anyway, this fuel is meant to run in glow engines.

Ohh I forgot to mention trimming the spark plug electrode so you can shut her down when the plug starts to GLOW....

Learned this with 20% in my 166 :rockn::rockn:

Scott

The smaller .21 and under motors will turn over 40k rpm.

http://www.novarossi.it/eng/products/engines/top/specs.php?name=T12LT5/M&brand=top

http://www.osengines.com/engines/osmg1990.html

2 examples if you are interested. I personally run an OS outboard that says the practical range is up around 28k. I have run one similar to the first link in b mono. Those motors will last several seasons though many have the bearings replaced every seasons. We don't run air filters though either. The small motor boats, .21 and smaller will run in the upper 40's in heat trim and the Zenoah boats will easily run into the 70's in heat trim. The faster nitro boats will run into the 90's or better. The speed record is well over 120. It is a bit boring running in a narrow ditch. However, throw your boat in with 4 others on a cours with 70' diameter corners and straights a tad over 250' and it gets interesting quick. Especially the faster gas and nitro boats. YouTube a video on Whiplash hydro and you should be able to get an idea.
As a side note, almost without exception, the Zens are running between 12 and 16:1 on the oil mix. They don't smoke much either. It is a necessity to keep them alive though.

ha ha, nice. with the glow engines, you just close the carb, shuts off the air.

I used to watch a guy fly at a field a couple of blocks away. He shut the engine off by putting his thumb over the intake. It was a .40 OS engine.

If you try that on a 166 it will suck your arm in up to the shoulder and then pull your arm out of the socket.

The only thing that will happen to the saw is that it will smoke a little for about a minute.:laugh:

Mr. HE:cool:

I used to watch a guy fly at a field a couple of blocks away. He shut the engine off by putting his thumb over the intake. It was a .40 OS engine.

If you try that on a 166 it will suck your arm in up to the shoulder and then pull your arm out of the socket.

The only thing that will happen to the saw is that it will smoke a little for about a minute.:laugh:

Ya, I used to fly glow engine rc planes for years, I didn't use my thumb though, just setup your radio properly, and just close the throttle all the way with your radio, saves from having to put your hand very close to the prop.

Aint that just some great ####!

I got some balls, but im not about to choke out the engine that's carryin my ace through the crisp, thin air!!

For some reason, this makes me think of when the temp got his ace bopped HARD by the stand crank on a pitts trailar one morning. That crank smacked his face like his dome was an over cooked piece of asparagus:D

I could not help but geek, he wasent right for the next 3 days.(he pussied out of work the two days following the incedent)

now.. this makes me think about the time i was being mondo stupid & cut a sprung to the ground 10'' hickory that threw my ace 20 feet into the air.

i woke up and kept workin, but couldent see a damn thing for about 3 hours, i was scared to admit but I had NO idea where i was at, even at quitten time, boss man had to show me to my car,(the only car in the field).

That wasent nearly as bad as some of my foot ball KO's.(ya they where worth it) i kept that runnin back from that sweet 1st down baby...

My left ear rings constantly along with a mean headache....

O well . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back