hauled a little wood this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghitch75

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
there loggin' 200 acres down the road road from me....we hauled out 21 loads...got about 6 more loads to get out today.... the pile day 2 pic goes to the right about 40' more but couldn't backup far enough to get it all in the pic..

the JD 4300 has a 4in1 bucket on it just grab and go!

in that pic the pile when we started was at the last little tree to the center of the pic...

Last edited:
there loggin' 200 acres down the road road from me....we hauled out 21 loads...got about 6 more loads to get out today.... the pile day 2 pic goes to the right about 40' more but couldn't backup far enough to get it all in the pic..

the JD 4300 has a 4in1 bucket on it just grab and go!

in that pic the pile when we started was at the last little tree to the center of the pic...

Good find! Nice to have the right equipment (1 ton and tractor) to load and haul, one day I'll at least get a 1 ton. Looks like you got your work cut out for you. What kind of logs are those?

Kevin

There's some fine lumber in there if you can get a bandmill after it.
It's a shame to burn those straight logs, but I know the heat will feel good.

Wrong time of year for a brush hog isn't it. Just busting ya, nice pics.

(I know its probably for weight with the bucket)

Last edited:
Nice find! I believe they call that a Bonanza. I only wish I had access to that kind if free wood around here.

There's some fine lumber in there if you can get a bandmill after it.
It's a shame to burn those straight logs, but I know the heat will feel good.

my buddy down the road has a bandmill and everything 5' and up is going to get milled.......hauled another 8 more loads today....about 4 more to go....thats only 40 acres worth...another 160 to go:D

where done with round 1(40 acres )....160 next...had to get 1 more load on the way out with the JD...here is what we ended up with..

I'm just amazed at how your 1 ton truck handles that much weight. I mean I wouldn't think it was possible. And then you're towing the trailer with a load also??!! Very impressive vehicle. Looks like a Chevy 3500? I always thought you needed some big azz Peterbilt type vehicle to move all that? Sorry, no real questions here, I'm just amazed.:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Sucks that you have to dump all the nice clean wood into all that Mud!
I've got a 2007 JD 2520 (27HP) and its amazing how much wood a little tractor can move in short order!
Nice pics!

it's a 93 chevy K3500 4x4 6.5 turbo diesel 5 speed 12,500 pound cab & chassie with a 10 ton PTO hoist....the JD is a 33hp with 4 IN 1 bucket just grab and go...makes it easy loadin' the big stuff..

Latest posts

Back