Have 60 plus tops to work on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanniedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Will the stuff season fairly well if I cut it and leave it lay. Or should I clean up as I go along.

cut

Will the stuff season fairly well if I cut it and leave it lay. Or should I clean up as I go along.

Clean it up as you go, and if you cut it and split it and stack it, it will season faster.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

A clean neat work area is a safer work area, start from the top and work to the trunk from the top down ,do one top and clean up then do the next ,you will find it will take less time and gives your body a break from the vibes from the saw . you don't want to over work the saw you know. hehe

I was in the same position as you a year ago at my place. I found it best to load the trailer and haul the cut wood out as I worked each top rather than to come back later and load. Since you'll have to move the rounds out of your way as you work up the tops, you might as well load them since you are already handling them.

I never counted how many tops I had when I started, but it was well over 200. There may still be 100 of them left. Some will still be there when I do the site prep for the replanting this summer. :)

Back