Have a website?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeGuyHR

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I understand that a lot of guys (and gals) here like to remain anonymous. Over time, a lot of us figure out who some of us are anyhow, or use PM.

Anyone else want to "Out" themselves by posting a link to their website?

The purpose would be to offer cheers and jeers, constructive criticism, and to maybe learn something from each other.

Takers?

I understand that a lot of guys (and gals) here like to remain anonymous. Over time, a lot of us figure out who some of us are anyhow, or use PM.

Anyone else want to "Out" themselves by posting a link to their website?

The purpose would be to offer cheers and jeers, constructive criticism, and to maybe learn something from each other.

Takers?

I know you don't mean to but you might be putting some of the guys on the spot. AS doesn't allow advertising of any kind, especially links to websites, unless you're signed up as a sponsor.

Some of it goes on anyway but when the mods see it they have to take some kind of action and that's never a good thing.

Even having your personal company website included in your signature is against the rules if you're not a sponsor.

But...if you want to sign up for a sponsorship, they're not expensive. See the contact information at the top of the main page.

I have been schooled -- didn't realize the obvious.

I suppose we could talk about the kinds of things we have put up or plan to put up, without providing a link.

Me:

I payed to have a professional one put up about two years ago (around $3000). Has a lot of pics and content. A main page with links to around 8 other pages. It was geared to bob up in the top of searches by having a lot of key words that the "spiders" find crawling around the net.

Problem: content is mostly in the area of useful info (free stuff), and does not describe my services much. I plane to update my service areas with links to pages of bullet points, photos, video clips, and testimonials.

Also, I need to have a hot-linked email address for contacts, such as info.at......com.

I did make my website name different from my business name, to shorten it; I suppose I need to register that name as well.

OK, any thoughts on that?

Not breaking the rules, am I?

I have been schooled -- didn't realize the obvious.

I suppose we could talk about the kinds of things we have put up or plan to put up, without providing a link.

Me:

I payed to have a professional one put up about two years ago (around $3000). Has a lot of pics and content. A main page with links to around 8 other pages. It was geared to bob up in the top of searches by having a lot of key words that the "spiders" find crawling around the net.

Problem: content is mostly in the area of useful info (free stuff), and does not describe my services much. I plane to update my service areas with links to pages of bullet points, photos, video clips, and testimonials.

Also, I need to have a hot-linked email address for contacts, such as info.at......com.

I did make my website name different from my business name, to shorten it; I suppose I need to register that name as well.

OK, any thoughts on that?

:laugh: Not so far.

Even having your personal company website included in your signature is against the rules if you're not a sponsor.

Really? I admit to not reading the rules but didn't realize that. I was just giving someone crap about that today just kidding around. It's pretty obvious when out of nowhere new guys start posting and giving advice with a nice little link in their signature. Just trying to get their link count up to help their search results.

I don't put mine up because I don't want to have a customer do a search and read what I'm writing on here, this is my get away place :msp_tongue:

I have developed my web site withself and also to trained to my students.,
its very easy to make a sufficient web site for a simple business , like school . restuarante and so many etc.....

re: Have a website

... It was geared to bob up in the top of searches by having a lot of key words that the "spiders" find crawling around the net.

Careful with the Google rules on this also:) Lately, more natural anchor text is back to being the best bet after around five years of trying to shoehorn certain KW phrases into the copy. Websites that read like this "So my tree service has been providing tree services since before tree services even existed..." are losing rankings lately.

Back