Have an old 015L and 011

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThinkFast

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I inherited a couple old saws that have been around the ranch for a while. I was told the 011 needs a carb, and that the other used to run. I cleaned them up, put a new plug and gas in them.

The 015L seems to run great now. Still has the 1/4 chain on it, and it seems they are not available now adays unless I go with some special oregon chain or something. Any sugestions ? am I going to have to put a new sprocket bar and chain on this baby ? This thing sure is peppy for it's size, would seem a shame to just sit on it.

The 011 needs a carb, but these aren't exactly a new saw, wondering if it's worth putting the money into it. Maybe ebay it for parts or something ?

Man these things are addictive, I just haven't been able to convince the wife, ya need a big one, a mid one, a trim saw, and another just because it was a good deal :chainsawguy:

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

So I inherited a couple old saws that have been around the ranch for a while. I was told the 011 needs a carb, and that the other used to run. I cleaned them up, put a new plug and gas in them.

The 015L seems to run great now. Still has the 1/4 chain on it, and it seems they are not available now adays unless I go with some special oregon chain or something. Any sugestions ? am I going to have to put a new sprocket bar and chain on this baby ? This thing sure is peppy for it's size, would seem a shame to just sit on it.

The 011 needs a carb, but these aren't exactly a new saw, wondering if it's worth putting the money into it. Maybe ebay it for parts or something ?

Man these things are addictive, I just haven't been able to convince the wife, ya need a big one, a mid one, a trim saw, and another just because it was a good deal :chainsawguy:

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

If the 011 is in good shape, has good compression its well worth the price of a new carb, they are tuff little saws.

Yup you got the saw fever, come on down to Virginia and stop by the shop and let me help you ease your thirst for a new big saw. Don't worry, I won't tell your wife if you don't,LOL

Latest posts

Back