Have you shopped at Duluth Trading Company?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maul ratt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I made my first purchase from the Duluth Trading Company store. There's a new one that just opened up in Michigan. Please check out my video and tell me what you like in their store.

I hear they have nice flannel shirts and also hear good things about their gloves.
Thanks!

We went to the Grandville Store this past Sat. We've been getting their catalogs for awhile so we were aware that their prices were a little high. Figuring the quality would match the prices..... It is nice quality, but we didn't feel the price matched the quality. Except for their pants....

For example... Son found a nice fleecish vest he liked. It was nice, fit well, but it also cost $70. Wife found a scarf she liked, $35....

I think their marketing is genius.... I do like some of the features they put into their clothes... But I can go to Sears and get a Flannel or lined flannel shirt for a fraction of the cost.

Their clothes feel cheap and look cheap and rip easily. Relatives get me the stuff all the time because I'm hard on clothes. So maybe its all the "cheap" stuff?

The pair of pants I got fit bad, tore and felt uncomfortable. Same size as all my other jeans. Tore around a leg pocket and the button ripped out.

All the Duluth shirts I've got look stupid and are uncomfortable, buttons came off.

Their clothes feel cheap and look cheap and rip easily. Relatives get me the stuff all the time because I'm hard on clothes. So maybe its all the "cheap" stuff?

The pair of pants I got fit bad, tore and felt uncomfortable. Same size as all my other jeans. Tore around a leg pocket and the button ripped out.

All the Duluth shirts I've got look stupid and are uncomfortable, buttons came off.

Not my experience. I've been buying their shirts for about 9 years. I wait for the sales. Tough, hard wearing clothes.

Nearly impossible to tear their T's.

I'd bring it back or complain & see if they will exchange the product. I know that LLbean will do this.

I made my first purchase from the Duluth Trading Company store. There's a new one that just opened up in Michigan. Please check out my video and tell me what you like in their store.

I hear they have nice flannel shirts and also hear good things about their gloves.
Thanks!

There're damn proud of their product!

Duluth Trading does a LOT of advertising in MN. I have not tried their products but from what I can see they are quality made and priced at a premium. Seems that they market themselves to the suburban outdoorsman/weekend warrior.

I personally do not normally buy outdoor "work" clothes as my casual clothes eventually get demoted to work clothes. I tend to be hard on pants and shirts so my wife buys me jeans on sale and once I rip or stain them they become the pair I wear outside until they are destroyed. The one exception is the Carhartt bibs I bought new to wear in cooler weather.

Duluth Trading does a LOT of advertising in MN. I have not tried their products but from what I can see they are quality made and priced at a premium. Seems that they market themselves to the suburban outdoorsman/weekend warrior.

I personally do not normally buy outdoor "work" clothes as my casual clothes eventually get demoted to work clothes. I tend to be hard on pants and shirts so my wife buys me jeans on sale and once I rip or stain them they become the pair I wear outside until they are destroyed. The one exception is the Carhartt bibs I bought new to wear in cooler weather.
I agree with you. That's how I get outdoor work clothes too.

My story also...underwear would have to be mighty spectacular to pay $25-30 a pair for them!

I haven't personally purchased any products from Duluth, but Ive been getting their catalog for quite some time. Always laughed at the long tail t-shirts.

No matter the brand you tend to get what you pay for with clothes. Ive tried the TSC brand (Scmidt), Carhatt, Wal-mart, Sears, etc

If you work outside for your job none of them last forever. I used to go through boots and shoes multiple times per year when I was in construction. I think I was the most impressed with the Carhartt coats. I have a couple that are several years old now and still going strong. The Scmidt stuff shrunk and fell apart. Especially the zippers, which seemed to stop working in no time.

My dad has a few of their shirts, but only because they have them in his size. I get the catalog, just can't pay that for clothes I plan to destroy, I'm Scottish and cheap. Bang for the buck, BDU pants/tops, other surplus clothing. I have a friend still living near a base I was stationed at, she can find stuff at yard sales cheap and sends it down to me. Plenty of places online that sell it.

Shea

I haven't personally purchased any products from Duluth, but Ive been getting their catalog for quite some time. Always laughed at the long tail t-shirts.

No matter the brand you tend to get what you pay for with clothes. Ive tried the TSC brand (Scmidt), Carhatt, Wal-mart, Sears, etc

If you work outside for your job none of them last forever. I used to go through boots and shoes multiple times per year when I was in construction. I think I was the most impressed with the Carhartt coats. I have a couple that are several years old now and still going strong. The Scmidt stuff shrunk and fell apart. Especially the zippers, which seemed to stop working in no time.
The Carhartt stuff looks aged pretty quickly but they do last darn near forever. Unfortunately their regular pants just don't fit my build right and I need to get too large of a waist to make them comfortable and then basically need to wear suspenders to keep them up. I've been buying Eddie Bauer brand pants when I find them on clearance, they are a different cut but similar construction to Carhartt.

Nothing on earth is more comfortable that a well broken in pair of cotton canvas pants though. I love when they are worn to the point that they are just about white and soft as a new pair of leather gloves.

On my first and last trip to Duluth Trading I certainly had sticker shock! I couldn't believe the high prices. Also nearly everything was made in China. They do have good advertising but I finally had to tell them to quit sending me catalogs because I wasn't going to spend that much money on their imported crap. They need to change their name to Hong Kong Trading Co. It's got to be the Yuppies buying their stuff 'cause the working man can't afford it.

I thumbed through a catalog that came in the mail a while back and threw it out. The prices needed to be cut 50-70% and I'd consider shopping there.

$60 for a pair of jeans?! I can buy a week's worth at Walmart for that (and probably made in the factory next door anyhow!)

$80 for a hoodie... I bought 15 Gildan brand hoodies at the local shop and had them printed with my business logo, cost me around $300 (about $20 each)

Latest posts

Back