Having the right tool.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the stihl seal puller, flywheel puller, 029 family ring compressor, case splitter, pressure vac tester and they are invaluable tools, but they aren't cheap. You should be able to get them from your dealer, but if u can't contact some fellow AS members and they should be able to buy them from their dealer and send them off to you.

I used to have a Stihl made work stand similar to the one John made, but I ended up giving it to my buddy that is a stihl dealer. He said they were fairly rare.

I would be intersted some part numbers and pics. Might be able to fabricate one myself.

This just came yesterday. I think I could fab one up for myself, it doesn't look too difficult.
This one is for the shop. I can verify the price this afternoon but I think it was around $340.
View attachment 249775View attachment 249776View attachment 249777
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Work stand :

WS1 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

WS3 by zweitakt250, on Flickr

Do you need a different wrench for each different movement of the powerhead with that stand? And is that mass produced or is that a one-off deal?

I like this one with the single lever freeing everything up and locking it down, no tools required:
FE84811F-EF0A-41B7-8BF9-C1A75FB712F6-15037-00000FA3FDA9EF68.jpg

Nice tools guys.....good thread Randy.....I thought I would go over to the shop a take a couple pics but once I started thinking and taking pics I found that I actually had many more saw specific tools than I had thought about...new, used and made myself. There'll be three sets of 5 pics each and of course they don't include wrenches, sockets, gasket making tools, grinders, edge sanders, chain spinner and breaker, air compressors, air ratchets etc. etc. etc.

001.......because I need to frequently see small things better than I do!!!

002.......carb tools, home made carb and Ex blockers, piston stops, Stihl screw driver with a "V" ground in the end fof circlips,
and though it didn't quite make the pic on the far right is a "Fast Tach"

003.......box of straight end and ball end crapsman Metric T-Handles

004.......caliper and a VERY cool box PB gave me....

005........top level of "very" cool box

Having the right tool is a blessing sometimes. Show off the tools you've collected that make working on saws a breeze. Here's a few that I use pretty regularly....

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I couldn't make it without these. How I ported a saw before I got a rt angle handpiece I don't know.

attachment.php

Looks like the bench and tools of a crazed Brazilian dentist!!!!!!!!

More Saw Tools

011......bearing puller/seperator

012......Jonsered kiln for heating cases/bearings etc...

013......Tecomec chain grinder on plywood stand for quick removal

014......Bondus Torx T-handles....including the elusive T-27

015......Mityvac pressure and vac pump kit....(very good rig IMHO)

So that's my stash of saw tooling at present.....as soon as a couple of these deadbeats come and pay for their rebuilt saws I will have enough cash to purchase the CC Specialities small 2 stroke porting kit (with the right angle handpiece that Randy showed) $600 is a lot of scratch but I like tools of all types and am in business so it's just another tax write off to me. If you're going to do it you might as well have the right tool for the job....and not beat your head against the wall, be it working wood, metal or whatever....

Last edited:
I gotta have a powerhead holder. :msp_wub:

Yes they are awesome! I went a few years without one wanting one.... But they have a price tag.... After getting it it's worth every friggin cent!

And I'm not sure I can go about posting all of my specific tools, got too many lol

Lathe question: Hey Randy, what's your tooling for cylinder work?

Yes they are awesome! I went a few years without one wanting one.... But they have a price tag.... After getting it it's worth every friggin cent!

LOL I really lucked out on the one I have...got it off ebay...$89.00 shipped!!! It came from a defunct saw shop in the PNW..sellers didn't even know what it was..........but I did!!!!! I think I sniped with a $300.00 bid in the last seconds..I was that willing. Funny thing though...it isn't new but I have taken it all apart and there is not a number on any part or any tag nor any place where a tag might have been...so I have no idea where it came from....I don't think China....I think this is good ol USA stuff...... the grease fitting says alot!!!

Latest posts

Back