Having trouble finding a Redmax sprocket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a sprocket for a Redmax GZ4500 and nobody around here seems to have it. I thought I found one on 'the bay but the ad said it would also fit on a 346xp. I looked at the 346 sprocket and the shaft diameter was about a half inch which is too large for the Redmax which is closer to 3/8'. Anybody else run into this? Most of these saws use a spur sprocket since the oil pump runs off the sprocket, it just slides into the worm gear..

Look here http://www.redmaxpartsdirect.com/manuals.php?model=GZ4500

Appears you are looking for clutch drum 513803001, a quick Google search listed a half dozen possible sources including Jack's Small Engines, Russo Power, Weingartz, and others.

Mark
The problem with that is the sprockets don't fit the saw. My friend who owns the Redmax ordered the 513803001 and the center of the sprocket was too big. The hole was slightly over 1/2 inch and his old sprocket was much smaller, more like 3/8". I guess he's talking about the inside diameter of the bearing. I think he's gonna talk to a Redmax dealer tomorrow and find out what the difference is..I looked on the manual you referenced and it says the sprocket, item #70 is not available. I'll try to find out what the dealer said next time I see him.

The GZ4500 has the .325 sprocket i think. So dealer only. If it has 3/8 picco a chinese part from a Earthquake 3816 or similar will work.

You have also the choice to look for a Ryobi part. After all they are Zenoah under licence.

Latest posts

Back