Having trouble raising the rpm on a Husqvarna 395XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys, I left the site because I was noticing a couple of members bashing on other threads and it got on my nerves. The 395XP had a very simple problem. I had installed a aftermarket coil that was limited and would not allow the saw to make enough rpm's. I overlooked the coil until I took the saw apart again. I don't find that the issues in porting differences on the aftermarket cylinders are that big of a deal. I do deck the cylinders on my lathe and shoot for .020 squish clearance with a cylinder gasket included. I no longer mess with trying to port and make timing changes because I can't get my labor out of it. The pop-up pistons seem to add around 10 psi of compression when I use them. I only use Caber Rings.

Guys, I left the site because I was noticing a couple of members bashing on other threads and it got on my nerves. The 395XP had a very simple problem. I had installed a aftermarket coil that was limited and would not allow the saw to make enough rpm's. I overlooked the coil until I took the saw apart again. I don't find that the issues in porting differences on the aftermarket cylinders are that big of a deal. I do deck the cylinders on my lathe and shoot for .020 squish clearance with a cylinder gasket included. I no longer mess with trying to port and make timing changes because I can't get my labor out of it. The pop-up pistons seem to add around 10 psi of compression when I use them. I only use Caber Rings.
Hey mate, what coil did you end up using to fix the issue? im having an identical problem with my 395, i put an aftermarket coil on and cant tune the high circuit.

Latest posts

Back