Having two 2100’s got me the job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We had a very bad hurricane blow through once. In the state forest it took down a monster maple tree. That was blocking the access road. I got the call knowing I had big saws the ranger said. I cut like 8 cords of firewood off that one tree. There was three ivory vines larger than a quarter (25cents) on the trunk. I waited till we had a pouring rain storm to keep the poison ivory dust down. I get the poison ivory injection every year. I cut it up in the pouring rain. Washing my exposed skin with 2t mix everytime I gassed up.

Now my point, I didn’t know it was bow season. I felt something was looking at me. I had a 36” bar on the 2100. I turned around and behind me is a bow hunter in full camo. If I was the jumpy kind the saw could be out of the cut and pointing at him behind me. He could of been cut in half.
Close calls. Not smart to spook a guy with a chainsaw from behind. If your a bow hunter or cutting in the fall look out.

Bill

We had a very bad hurricane blow through once. In the state forest it took down a monster maple tree. That was blocking the access road. I got the call knowing I had big saws the ranger said. I cut like 8 cords of firewood off that one tree. There was three ivory vines larger than a quarter (25cents) on the trunk. I waited till we had a pouring rain storm to keep the poison ivory dust down. I get the poison ivory injection every year. I cut it up in the pouring rain. Washing my exposed skin with 2t mix everytime I gassed up.

Now my point, I didn’t know it was bow season. I felt something was looking at me. I had a 36” bar on the 2100. I turned around and behind me is a bow hunter in full camo. If I was the jumpy kind the saw could be out of the cut and pointing at him behind me. He could of been cut in half.
Close calls. Not smart to spook a guy with a chainsaw from behind. If your a bow hunter or cutting in the fall look out.

Bill
Get some poison ivory soap.

I'm smart around poison ivy but can't ever remember having a reaction. My brother just looks at it and gets it bad.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
That's strange. I have never had a reaction to poison ivy either. My brother gets it so bad that he has to go to the hospital and get steroids when he gets exposed. I have never seen anyone have a reaction like he does. Being the good brother I am, I usually rub it in a little bit for humor, he calls me a few choice names

I was getting it really bad till I got the injections for it around March.

I'm smart around poison ivy but can't ever remember having a reaction. My brother just looks at it and gets it bad.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
My younger brother is the same way just looks at it and has a rash. I could roll around in it and get nothing. I'd trade him any day if he would take my black out reaction to wasp hornets and yellow jacket stings.

I wash with lava soap too I’m thinking it has plenty of lye in it. It’s good on sweat and heat rash too.

We had a very bad hurricane blow through once. In the state forest it took down a monster maple tree. That was blocking the access road. I got the call knowing I had big saws the ranger said. I cut like 8 cords of firewood off that one tree. There was three poison ivy vines larger than a quarter (25cents) on the trunk. I waited till we had a pouring rain storm to keep the poison ivory dust down. I get the poison ivy injection every year. I cut it up in the pouring rain. Washing my exposed skin with 2t mix everytime I gassed up.

Bill

Spelling fix it ok for you spelling correct people.

Thanks @Huskybill , I read this thread and now due to having poison ivy on my mind I can’t sleep. I’m just kidding but I get the stuff bad these days.

My twin brother always got it and super bad like some of you. He would get steroid shots and all. As kids he would get it yet I would not even though we both were together in the same areas. Over the years I started reacting to it and now it will plain jack me up.

If I am in an area where I may have got in it I will shower and wash with lava soap and GoJo orange car cleaner with pumice.

Latest posts

Back