New Chainsaw Advice needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For an occasional 24” tree a 50cc will never blink. You got to remember there are chainsaw forum expectations and real life expectations they vary greatly.
Have used my 261/346/421 in larger wood, but the 562xp just works so much easier than the 50cc saws in anything over 14".

Echo is made in Japan and Makita is made in China. That is the deal breaker for me, I’m done buying from China if at all possible.
Makita are a Japanese company. Their tools are made all around the world having the same quality control standards at each manufacturing site. The only difference will be the assembly labour. You will probably find that some Echo plastics are injection moulded in China. As will be the case with plastics off Makita, Dolmar, Stihl and Husky, as well as most car OEM's, it's just the modern world.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

This makes sense. I will admit given the current climate in the US I am hesitant to buy anything made in China.

But man I won’t lie.... those makita saws just exude quality when you look at them. But I’m still going back and forth between the 4300 or cs490.

does the 4300 need any mods or anything like the CS490 to open it up?

Yeah I checked last night and there are no makita/dolmar dealers I could see. But we do have echo/stihl/husky a plenty here in town.

This makes sense. I will admit given the current climate in the US I am hesitant to buy anything made in China.

But man I won’t lie.... those makita saws just exude quality when you look at them. But I’m still going back and forth between the 4300 or cs490.

does the 4300 need any mods or anything like the CS490 to open it up?
Unbolt the muffler,. Drill 2 spot welds off and remove the CAT. Retune. All you need to do for these. Never think of dealer support, I forget about that. There are only a couple of Makita dealers around the whole of the Midlands in the UK. I always would just order the parts online or via a phone call and do it myself. But that is just me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back