Hazy 026 Pro purchase - How'd I do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMessin

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
After a few tall glasses of scotch last night, I was browsing on ebay and before I knew it I had purchased an 026 Pro. I know it may not have been the wisest of purchases, but I've been wanting to add one to my stable for quite a while now.

$250 delivered w/ new GB bar and chain. Supposing the saw checks out ok, how do you all think I did? Did I screw up? Help set my mind at ease, or tell me I need professional help

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stihl-Sthil-026...ryZ79669QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ps - can anyone tell what carburetor this one will have on it?

-Dave

021, 034, 044, 660
026 Pro soon to arrive

If the saw checks out then you did well. That seems to be in the range of the going rate for a good, running 026Pro when purchased here on AS, and a bit less than they normally seem to go for on eBay. Assuming it works with little or no repairs then you can certainly be pleased with your purchase!

Not so sure about the 3/8 chain, though, but that's a popular point for debate here on AS, so you can go read all about that debate if you want...

Sweet saw, Don't fondle it in front of your other saws, They might get jealous. :biggrinbounce2:

Brad is a very reputable seller, and good friend. I deal with him just about every month on something saw related. He is a stand up guy. Have no worries!! :cheers:

Last edited:
Hired Gun said:
Brad is a very reputable seller, and good friend. I deal with him just about every month on something saw related. He is stand up guy. Have no worries!! :cheers:

I second that!

thanks for the reassurance guys. I can't wait til' it gets here!

-Dave

Nice saw,
I think I may have bid on that saw, nice looking saw.
I ended up with this 026 Pro off of ebay (turns out the seller is a Stihl dealer but doesn't advertize it on ebay, his ebay handle is ammerhof he said that his Stihl salesman used it as a demo) but you never know what you got til you make some chips.
6a_1.JPG

It does kinda make you a little nervous buying a used saw on line.
But I would rather buy a used saw online then buy a used saw from a pawn shop, which I have made the mistake of doing.
Brad is a very reputable seller
Thanks for the update about this ebay seller.
You know I was just thinking that it would be helpful to people if there was a list of known reputable ebay sellers who sell new and used saws.
Just a thought

Looks like a real good deal. I have dealt with this seller quite a bit and agree he is a straight up honest guy.

Hired Gun said:
Brad is a very reputable seller, and good friend. I deal with him just about every month on something saw related. He is a stand up guy. Have no worries!! :cheers:
I don't doubt what you and Lakeside are saying, but anyway the specs in the ad is not the right ones for the 026 Pro.
They apply to the latest (50.2 cc) version of the MS260........:laugh:

Latest posts

Back