Heat index 117 I think I need suspenders for my balls!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did this little video on Sunday from my house. That is not smoke, it is fog. We are having cooler than normal temps. You can watch it and cool off.

That's Buzz Martin playing in the background.

[video=youtube_share;KA3fAHSTxlg]http://youtu.be/KA3fAHSTxlg[/video]

I did this little video on Sunday from my house. That is not smoke, it is fog. We are having cooler than normal temps. You can watch it and cool off.

That's Buzz Martin playing in the background.

[video=youtube_share;KA3fAHSTxlg]http://youtu.be/KA3fAHSTxlg[/video]

Wow I miss the days of summer in the PNW. I remember as a kid and we would ##### when it was eighty degrees out, we figured it was way to hot to haul hay and we really needed a trip out to the lake to cool off. Now that I am in TN, 80 seems like a nice cool day.I like the hot weather for splitting wood, makes the getting hot and lubed up feeling a whole lot faster, but it sure would be nice to lounge on the front porch in the evening in a nice 80 degree evening.

To hot here in my part of Michigan I'll say. It is so hot the deer won't even get up and run when I walk the dogs in the woods, We have to go around them.

One nice thing about the heat and lack of rain, you don't have to cut the grass.

:D Al

To hot here in my part of Michigan I'll say. It is so hot the deer won't even get up and run when I walk the dogs in the woods, We have to go around them.

One nice thing about the heat and lack of rain, you don't have to cut the grass.

:D Al

With all the humidity we have here, no relief from mowing. I should say no relief from GROWING. The mowing has to wait because the grass is wet all day, every day. Gonna have to have my neighbor come up and bale it pretty soon!

I think I would charge double the going rate for firewood if I was to get a call this week.

It is terribly hot! Worst thing is I have to wear a tux on Saturday for my brothers OUTDOOR wedding!!! I'm praying for a very short service.

Really miss being out in the woods. I calm myself by the thought that September is only a little over a month away. Then it'll be back to cutting.

Take care everyone and drink tons of water. Just remember, if you're not peeing you're not drinking enough.

M

Got a big order for hand picked berries, so the crew and I have been out in it for the last three days.

Went through 4 fills of the 5 gallon water jug yesterday, and the six of them cleaned out the gatorade cooler twice.

Had rain in the morning, so that just jacked up the humidity to the point sweating was pointless.

Fricken miserable in the barn for sorting as well.
Funny thing is that the crew wanted to keep picking, and I kept telling them they didn't have to.

I called the customer this morning and told them they would be a couple thousand pounds short, because I am not gonna kill anyone making them work. LOL!! I got an earfull of cussing and threats etc.
Screw 'em they can wait a couple more days, or back out. There's no shortage of people screaming for berries this year anyway.

I don't wanna know how hot it is, as it dosn't matter once things get ridiculous and damn dangerous.

Hydrate or croak!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Got a big order for hand picked berries, so the crew and I have been out in it for the last three days.

Went through 4 fills of the 5 gallon water jug yesterday, and the six of them cleaned out the gatorade cooler twice.

Had rain in the morning, so that just jacked up the humidity to the point sweating was pointless.

Fricken miserable in the barn for sorting as well.
Funny thing is that the crew wanted to keep picking, and I kept telling them they didn't have to.

I called the customer this morning and told them they would be a couple thousand pounds short, because I am not gonna kill anyone making them work. LOL!! I got an earfull of cussing and threats etc.
Screw 'em they can wait a couple more days, or back out. There's no shortage of people screaming for berries this year anyway.

I don't wanna know how hot it is, as it dosn't matter once things get ridiculous and damn dangerous.

Hydrate or croak!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

yuo know,,someone,, doesnt think sprayed blueberrys are good for you!!! id take 50 lbs,,if you werent so danged far away........................annnndddddd, i was out in it,,three times today,,up until 2 bells,,getting the rounds i cut friday,,split and stacked.... like you,,plenty of gatorade,,and water...........and a clean pair of pants,,other soaked......

Last edited:
With all the humidity we have here, no relief from mowing. I should say no relief from GROWING. The mowing has to wait because the grass is wet all day, every day. Gonna have to have my neighbor come up and bale it pretty soon!

Count your blessings... We haven't had measurable rain here in over a month. Pastures are brown, and corn is almost a total loss... But the wood pile is extremely dry...
:amazed:

Just remember, if you're not peeing you're not drinking enough.

M

You need to eat a little too. A couple of years ago I was working in the top of the turbine building of a power plant in this type of heat. I was drinking lots of water but not eating. By the end of the shift I had a terrible headache. I ended up spending a night in the hospital and missed 3 days work. Doctor said I washed out all the electrolytes from my system and gatorade wasn't replacing them quick enough.

Count your blessings... We haven't had measurable rain here in over a month. Pastures are brown, and corn is almost a total loss... But the wood pile is extremely dry...
:amazed:

see there's always an up side huh? dry wood is worth the heat...:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

I was driving to town today and passed one man and two boys cutting up a dead ash tree....looked painfully hot. I wanted to stop and tell them that the ash would still be there next week. crazy people. heat index was around 110 today in northern Indiana....gonna be a bad year for crops around here if we dont get rain soon!!

I get started as early as possible each morning, and quit sometime after lunch...not so terrible if I can stay in the shade, and there's always paperwork for the afternoon

might I recommend water (of course), a 50/50 mix of salted/unsalted peanuts (handful each hour-ish), and an old time drink called switchel (water, molasses, cider vinegar, sugar...pint at lunch and another pint at quittin' time)...beer goes in last or you'll pay for it

sometimes the work's just gotta get done

Today's high, 62 degrees with half inch of rain. And I'm over on the dry side...kinda weird but I do prefer it to what the heartland's getting.

Hot

well it was 108 today. Fell, cut and split 2 cords by lunch. (started at 6)! took alittle lesson from our southern friends took me a seista till about 4 then back to work for another 2.5 cords this evening. firewood is selling like crazy although it is hotter than heck here. it amazing what a few good ice storms will do for business!! lol

Heat index 117 I think I need suspenders for my balls!!

Not sure I see the correlation.....:confused: :confused:

Wow I miss the days of summer in the PNW. I remember as a kid and we would ##### when it was eighty degrees out, we figured it was way to hot to haul hay and we really needed a trip out to the lake to cool off. Now that I am in TN, 80 seems like a nice cool day.I like the hot weather for splitting wood, makes the getting hot and lubed up feeling a whole lot faster, but it sure would be nice to lounge on the front porch in the evening in a nice 80 degree evening.

I've been trying to mentall fill in the blanked out word, and not coming up with anything.:confused::dizzy::confused:

Not sure I see the correlation.....:confused: :confused:

I've been trying to mentall fill in the blanked out word, and not coming up with anything.:confused::dizzy::confused:

come on, where is your imagination.Ask any sailor...a beotching sailor is a happy sailor....LOL

My beotching for today is a brush job later this afternoon. Our youth ministry is helping a disabled person by cleaning up her yard.I stopped by late yesterday afternoon to see what I need to bring along for tools, our cordinator kinda confused me with, "Ed, bring every chainsaw you got".
Well, its a doosey. A small toolshed in the backyard was not only hidden by brush, but completely unaccessible from the 8-14 inch brush trees growing up around it.
The weather is suitable for....hmm....nothing that I can think of. Upper 90's and raining, makes a guy want to show up in your bathing suit.To top it all off, the lady kinda ticked me off when she said, "well, it wont be that bad, im sure you guys can handle it.I kinda like coming outside to warm up, its almost sixty in the house.Just wave at me through the window when you want me to bring some water out to you guys."

To top it all off, I found an old Merry Tiller buried in the brush minus the motor, I would kill for that thing.I asked the woman if she wants it hauled off with the other sixty four tons of trash and she said no way, it used to be her fathers.
Maybe she will trade for a slightly consumed bag of Oreos......

Latest posts

Back