Heated Shop

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel lucky to have a heated shop to work in. I don't miss the days of changing oil in the driveway in the winter.
Here's a pic of the wood stove with a waste oil line going in the top. This was a summer pic, I move stuff away from the stove in the winter.
attachment.php

I also have AC in the shop, a friend gave me a 18,000 btu AC.
attachment.php

The last pic is my wood hauler getting serviced on the lift I put in a couple years ago, I got tried of laying on that cold concrete floor.
attachment.php

That stove looks alot like my "All Nighter" that heats my shop. Mine's about 25" deep and has Vents on the angle on top. There's a tube welded from the back of the stove to the two vents in the front so that you can fan-force air thru it, though I never have. Greeat stove- it lives up to its name. Been smoldering for a week or so straight now. Shut her down and after 8-10 hrs add some air and wood and its going again. Always wanted to try the oil drip but just too chicken, I guess...
Oh, and I'm sooooo jealous of the lift, if I had a good floor and way more room. Maybe I wouldn't hate to work on cars/trucks so much. Creepers DO NOT work well on gravel driveways. Sometimes I wait to work on things till theres snow so I can use the toboggan under the truck.
I know I'm lucky to have a shop with heat though.. Wasn't that long ago I didn't, I feel for those that don't.

I have a Fisher stove in my garage too.

awesome stove. i don't trust the cast stoves.

if i didn't have a garage,i'd put the Fisher in a shed.

I feel lucky to have a heated shop to work in. I don't miss the days of changing oil in the driveway in the winter.
Here's a pic of the wood stove with a waste oil line going in the top. This was a summer pic, I move stuff away from the stove in the winter.
attachment.php

Do tell! What and How please?

And the same for clean up if any?

Back