Hello from a Newbie!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Woodheat4me. I hope that all of your lesson's with Avalancer go good. If you do a search on Avalancher you can find all of his threads. Watch out for his bad mojo. It seems to go in streaks. This is a great bunch of guys around here. Please don't be afraid to ask ? . Remember there is never a stupid ? Just a stupid answer if it comes from avalancher.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

Last edited:
You're going to run into it sooner or later, so I might as well show you my pale white ash right now:

WhiteAsh003-1.jpg

Welcome, woodheat4me! :cheers:

Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it as much as I do; there otta be fire wood floating all over the place about now. Did you weather the flood OK?

Do you ever get up into the Dahlonega area? MT Yonah?

Welcome Woodheat4me. I hope that all of your lesson's with Avalancer go good. If you do a search on Avalancher you can find all of his threads. Watch out for his bad mojo. It seems to go in streaks. This is a great bunch of guys around here. Please don't be afraid to ask ? . Remember there is never a stupid ? Just a stupid answer if it comes from avalancher.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

I didnt know I had aquired a reputation of "stupid answers"

I was hoping for something along the lines of, "Avalancher, you are the king of truth, held in the highest regard, the deep well of knowledge, the go to man when things look gloomy", etc etc.

Shoot, with encouragement like the above, I guess I will just have to go back to tying that porkchop around my neck so my dog will play with me.:)

For my part, avalancher, I've been practicing the utmost restraint in keeping myself from singing your highest hosannahs.:bowdown:

I would imagine it would become a burden after a while. Being so awesome, that is. I do often wonder how you manage. :)

You know, I was just fixing to close out this window and get back to work when I noticed woodbooga replied to this thread.With trembling hands I clicked on it, all the time wondering,"man, you sure you want to take another beating?Havent you had enough?Nah, hes going to have something nice to say this time, i can just feel the great vibes coming from the screen as the page loads."
Thanks woodbooga, you make me feel all warm and cozy!
man, i gotta quite drinking this stuff.what ever it is

No worries dude. It's all about the good vibes.

That, and high-quality user-generated internet content. Yep. All about the content.

Almost makes the sheer profundity and the inexhaustable vastness of your awesomeness beside the point. :)

We been waiting for him to show up. Some were starting to wonder if he was just one of avalancher's invisible friends.

Well I'm just hopin' that Avalancer didn't get all buzzed up on Tylenol again and find another personality of himself. I saw this one movie with a chick name Sybil and I think she had about 13 different personalities. Just kiddin'. :D

Welcome to AS Greg. You're close to being a legend around here already.

You can't beat wood heat and chain saws are fun. Have you figured out which chain saw you're going to buy next?

ole woodbooga and I get along best when I dont have my dictionary handy, that way he can insult me all he wants and I have no idea what he is saying.

Well I'm just hopin' that Avalancer didn't get all buzzed up on Tylenol again and find another personality of himself. I saw this one movie with a chick name Sybil and I think she had about 13 different personalities. Just kiddin'. :D

Welcome to AS Greg. You're close to being a legend around here already.

You can't beat wood heat and chain saws are fun. Have you figured out which chain saw you're going to buy next?

Nope, Im done with the tylenol bit, far to risky.After a recent trip to the ER r, the doc gave me some real good painkillers,only one pill required and you are feeling great!And 3 refills.oxy something or another.

I sure hate when it snows in September.makes trying to see the keyboard real hard.And makes eating popcorn chicken even harder, the rascals keep taking off.
I thought they were supposed to take the feathers off of these things anyway?

Welcome Greg!

I was once a city folk myself.
But, once I got a taste of wood heat I couldn't get enough of it.
My wife was originally against me getting a stove that could heat the house.
But, after a few years of paying between $400-$600 a month for propain she kinda changed her mind. Last year between September and June we only spent around $300 in propain. Before the stove is was more like $3K-$4K.

Oh, and try snuggling with your wife in front of your stove, maybe with a glass of wine. You will be amazed on how it changes her opinion on it. :popcorn:

Welcome Greg!

I was once a city folk myself.
But, once I got a taste of wood heat I couldn't get enough of it.
My wife was originally against me getting a stove that could heat the house.
But, after a few years of paying between $400-$600 a month for propain she kinda changed her mind. Last year between September and June we only spent around $300 in propain. Before the stove is was more like $3K-$4K.

Oh, and try snuggling with your wife in front of your stove, maybe with a glass of wine. You will be amazed on how it changes her opinion on it. :popcorn:

Also stoke that stove really hard and let her buck.
You'd be amazed at how fast the clothes start coming off.
somehow I'm thinking this is really going to turn into a blessing!:blob2::rocker:

Oh yeah Greg, if you didn't know it already Avalancher is the Firewood Forum raconteur. I knew I'd get a chance to use one of those fancy high dollar words one of these days. I bet Woodbooga is gonna be real proud of me now even if it was his word. :biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back