Help!Help!Help! 090G

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-t25

Reaction score
I'am running a 1/2 inch chain,and don't have anymore.I'am trying to find a sprocket for 404,or 3/8 pitch to convert it over.The saw is in as new condition and really don't want to shelf it,I have owned it since new.Thanks Tony

Welcome to the world of owning an 090G. In your case, I'd imagine you'd have the same difficulty with getting either 1/2" chain or a .404 sprocket. There was talk here of machining an old spur gear to accept a standard Oregon spline but I don't think much ever came of it.

The .404 spurs are out there, somewhere....

Personally, I love my 090G, but I'm lucky enough to have one with a fairly fresh spur. My saw will never see enough use to ever wear out the gear.

Good luck finding what you need.

Chris B.

computeruser said:
Bill G might be someone to PM or email. Geardrives are his thing.

I have some .404 gears for the 090G but I am not looking to sell them. My attempts to mill them have taken a back seat at the moment. If you decide you want to sell/trade the saw I would be interested.

Bill

big-t25 said:
I'am running a 1/2 inch chain,and don't have anymore.I'am trying to find a sprocket for 404,or 3/8 pitch to convert it over.The saw is in as new condition and really don't want to shelf it,I have owned it since new.Thanks Tony

1/2" chain pops up on eBay from time to time. Keep your eyes out.

Latest posts

Back