Help identifying stihl 460 or 440 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's not too tight of squish at all.
Was this a serious comment or was this sarcasm ? Haha I just wanna make sure your serious here cause I know you build alot more saws than i have that's for sure . I still got time to change something if need be .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Was this a serious comment or was this sarcasm ? Haha I just wanna make sure your serious here cause I know you build alot more saws than i have that's for sure . I still got time to change something if need be .

If you’ve followed his posts at all, you’d know that he’s very serious about it, I’m pretty sure.

Does anyone know if 1125 648 0402 is the correct clutch cover for a ms460 ? I got a used one from the local stihl dealer today for $5.00 and it isn't in bad shape . Fits ok but it seems like the cover either needs the holes countersunk some for the studs part near the cases or it's the wrong cover .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybee it's fine with the bar on it , I guess I've never thrown the cover on a saw without the bar before so it seems weird.
9a72f5d56b0fe94473cb1dc8610724ff.jpg
f007f23c660d9c9bc236a14708c24f0b.jpg
13b9f8520516b74db1d224b9699a74a8.jpg
611b973dd7be5fba356f13de4ef0885c.jpg

Thank you, much appreciated . I pretty much have to verify everything on this saw to make sure it's right (a farmer owned it and did alot of cob job parts swapping with his other saws) which I have all fixed and it's about done. I just need to clean the carb which I got the carb rebuild kit today , then I need the new air filter and air filter cover and wait till the chain tensioner I ordered to come in sometime next week and its ready to fire up and use.

Does anyone know if 1125 648 0402 is the correct clutch cover for a ms460 ? I got a used one from the local stihl dealer today for $5.00 and it isn't in bad shape . Fits ok but it seems like the cover either needs the holes countersunk some for the studs part near the cases or it's the wrong cover .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pretty sure many of my 1128 clutches said 1125 on them. Should be fine.

When I was cleaning up my 044 cylinder I was not sure if I was feeling transfer or scoring(Grooves cut in) I Used a pick with a 90 degree bend on the end and you could feel the transfer lift the pick tip and no scoring (Thanks Sump Shot) I tried the pick Idea on a 359 husky cylinder and you could feel where the plating was scored. For me the pick was a better way to feel with than my finger nail.

I've run into a issue with the cleaning / rebuilding the carb tonight . Either I'm having a mental block or they gave me the wrong rebuild kit at my local stihl dealership . The diaphragm will only go on the opposite way its supposed to go on , the tabs wont line up the correct way . Am I just stupid tonight and tired or is this the wrong kit ? Haha

They gave me a walbro K20-HDA , every other part and gasket is perfect except the diaphragm. The body is stamped and cut out like the old one but the center disk is on the wrong side. Old on the left , new on the right [emoji848]
a1d65caa747711ad64b1174bdf662193.jpg

Yeah I looked up up and it's a husky kit , those rotten....... looks like a return trip after work tommorow

And if your squish is accurate at .017/.018 you will be just fine! Let's see this baby running!
Here ya go . I prolly got a little more fine tuneing to do to the Carb with my tach but these are the first few cuts . I'll prolly do a dual port muffler as well and retune . Seems to cut great and I can pull on it pretty good and it doesnt really seem to stop it . So far so good . Wood is 24" at the end and is ash . New stihl rsc chain . Figures my new oem air filter cover shows up after I do the video . That's the 440 cover in the video . My hd2 filter shows up tommorow , the video is with a regular hd.

Latest posts

Back