Help Is Just A Call Away!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THALL10326

The Champ
Reaction score
Amazing thing happened today at the shop. A good customer of mine that I've dealt with for years came in. He has had his own tree business for years and only uses Stihl. Thats right Sap, only Stihl so this thread is not for you, don't follow,hehe. Anyway my customer starts telling me he's wanting something with alittle more power than his 064, the biggest saw he has and has used for many years. I suggest the 660 but the price seemed to have him thinking naaaaaa but he still stood around and pondered on it. Out of the blue I get a phone call from of all people, our own site member Ultra. It hit me Ultra has 3 660's so I tell Ultra on the phone to tell my customer what he thinks of them. I hand my customer the phone and 5 minutes later its a done deal. My customer went out the door carring a new 660 and happy as a lark. I'm not really sure what all Ultra told that man in 5 short minutes but he sure made him want a 660 in a hurry. The amazing part is the timing. One well timed phone call put $1039.00 in the cash register. Thanks a bunch Ultra ,I owe ya one and yes you get frist shot at the 064 when he brings it in. Also now that I have your number everytime I get a 660 customer that can't quite make up his mind your phone is going to ring,hehe. BTW what did you tell that man anyway???????????????

He was a nice guy and sounded like he knew something about saws but was having trouble making up his mind...I asked him if he ever cut with a 660 and he said no his big saw was a 064.. He told me his 064 slows down with his 32in bar.. I told him 660 he will be able to use 36in with RS chain and not even think twice about it ..Also told him I would let him use THALL's new 660 for his dirty jobs..OOPS wasent suppost to let you know that..LOL BTW THALL thanks again for looking up the serial# of my new to me toy today...

That saw I bought today cuts really nice and now is all cleaned up and put on the shelf..Send me pictures of the 064 when you take them..I'm making a spot just in case I like it..LOL

04ultra said:
He was a nice guy and sounded like he knew something about saws but was having trouble making up his mind...I asked him if he ever cut with a 660 and he said no his big saw was a 064.. He told me his 064 slows down with his 32in bar.. I told him 660 he will be able to use 36in with RS chain and not even think twice about it ..Also told him I would let him use THALL's new 660 for his dirty jobs..OOPS wasent suppost to let you know that..LOL BTW THALL thanks again for looking up the serial# of my new to me toy today...

That saw I bought today cuts really nice and now is all cleaned up and put on the shelf..Send me pictures of the 064 when you take them..I'm making a spot just in case I like it..LOL

haha, thats funny. I told him I just bought one recently and he was like you wanna sell it. I said hell no, I just bought it,lol.
When he brings in the 064 I'll snap you a picture, AFTER I CUDA DISE IT, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,lol. I gotta get a price out of him too, I told him don't expect alot from a old saw and he seemed to know that so you may get a good deal, we'll see..........................

Hey Tom- let's get together sometime and see how your 660 runs compared to my old 066 cdic-a. Should be fun, we can get Bobby to referee and pour beer. Bill

Stihldoc said:
Hey Tom- let's get together sometime and see how your 660 runs compared to my old 066 cdic-a. Should be fun, we can get Bobby to referee and pour beer. Bill

Are you kidding, I've yet to even pull the rope on that thing. No gas, no oil , no nothing in it yet, seriously. I was thinking about just keeping it for the grandkid and let him have it one day. He just turned 1 year old so the 660 will be a thing of the past by then and he'll have a brand new one, kinda cool huh????? We should get together sometime though, love to see your place. Bobby said your having one helluva year, good job man.

Latest posts

Back