Help me pick a catchphrase/motto...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethobling

Jack of Many Trades
Reaction score
Guys I need some quick help with selecting a motto/catchphrase for my up and coming tree business.

"Tree Care Thought Through"

or

"Tree Care With Heart"

Which of the 2 do you prefer?

I have a favorite because of the kind of arborist I want to portray myself, but I want unbiased opinions (that's kinda an oxymoron, lol).

Thanks. The more diverse opinions I get, the better.

Also, I'm open to other catchphrase suggestions, but I'm fairly set on one of these 2.

When I started my fence business several years ago, my motto/slogan was, " If we can't build it, somebody else probably can". A little humor seemed to work well for me, but removing 10 tons of tree from over someones house may call for a much more serious slogan.

I am partial to “the real deal”, as my signature says. I don’t actually use that (or any catch phrase), but it’s both true and totally annoying to any competitors, so I have thought about it… just to be annoying. Lol

One guy has “you can’t touch this” on the side of his 70 footer, just for perspective. Lol

While I appreciate the suggestions (some are actually good; I'm not just saying that), I was hoping for a "vote" of sorts on the 2 phrases I posted along with suggestions.

Remember, the 2 I put up there were on the final list. One of them I made, the other my mom made.

While I appreciate the suggestions (some are actually good; I'm not just saying that), I was hoping for a "vote" of sorts on the 2 phrases I posted along with suggestions.

Remember, the 2 I put up there were on the final list. One of them I made, the other my mom made.

If you want me to be serious and honest, I don’t like either of them.

Maybe some medley like “honest tree care, thought through”. Something like that?

personally I think your name, and clear contact details, and a job well done to build reputation is the key, catch phrases come and go.

tho we (family and I), did have fun with the idea of

"I am Groot" for the side of the ute. :)

At least this one seems genuinely innocent and just generally lost, unlike Pimples the home schooled know it all in the other thread. Lol
I appreciate the sentiment. Yeah, I'm just looking for input. This will be my 2nd business (the first I started just out of high school and is still growing strong) and I am experimenting with a double sided business card in a similar style to the one for my horticultural business with my business name and contact info on the front, but also having a motto and a small list of what services I provide on the back. I know my business cards have given me a good amount of customers for my first business, so I know how important it can be to set a good first impression with a good, quality, thought-out business card.
personally I think your name, and clear contact details, and a job well done to build reputation is the key, catch phrases come and go.

tho we (family and I), did have fun with the idea of

"I am Groot" for the side of the ute. :)
100% agree. With my plant business, I have established a great reputation that has brought in many customers on a referral basis. I'd say a solid 50% of new customers are referrals.

Catch phrase under your company name and in all of your ads:

'The Tree People'

You don't have to explain what it means.

If they don't know, they are not your target audience anyway,

Certified arborist from 1991 to 2008.

The first in my county.

Retired.

Use it. I did.

Latest posts

Back