Help me whip my buddies saw!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it we be ok i was a professnal saw operator for ten years and i all ways filed my rakers down to get faster and a better cutting i all so had a gd chain saw husky 266 xp 24 inch bar . but if your realy concernd about it file them down half way try that

Top, limb, root, bole,
I smell the blood of an AS Troll...

If you've ever used a hand plane, it isn't hard to figure out why raker height is important.

I cannot believe this steaming +urd thread floated back to the top of the bowl..... :greenchainsaw:

Top, limb, root, bole,
I smell the blood of an AS Troll...

If you've ever used a hand plane, it isn't hard to figure out why raker height is important.
no i never used a hand plane i filed all my chains by hand i ran 3/8 chain so in turn i had a 3/8 file and a flat file for my rakers and im not even sure what hand plane is but im sure your going to tell me and if you must know i no longer log here in canada my hands could no longer take the vibration

Here's a little video for you to check out, Hawke. Good thing he's got a short bar on there....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3dSbThaL30

gd vidio but you know what im going to say next that a husky would trough that tree in half the time and i bet ya he got no rakers ether and im not sure of the size of that saw i think its close to a 044 or bigger

gd vidio but you know what im going to say next that a husky would trough that tree in half the time and i bet ya he got no rakers ether and im not sure of the size of that saw i think its close to a 044 or bigger

LOL :popcorn: 044, close.

Hawke, Do you happen to know BarkBuster20?

no i never used a hand plane i filed all my chains by hand i ran 3/8 chain so in turn i had a 3/8 file and a flat file for my rakers and im not even sure what hand plane is but im sure your going to tell me and if you must know i no longer log here in canada my hands could no longer take the vibration

So hand planes and punctuation are foreign concepts to you?

Well my friend do I ever have what you need to whip them mean ole buds ya been running against. It is called a Husky 372 xp and it eats stihls for breakfast ! interested?:monkey:

Don't lie to the new members!

Don't lie to the new members!
ya the 372 xp was awsome saw it kick but on all around gd saw lots of horse power there is a reason why i dont like stihl they just dont work in the wet inviroment i was working in the north coast of british columbia in canada on the queen carlet island so my point is there were huskys and stihls the huskys were working hard no stop but stihls keep breaking down and they were bran new saw when we started that job and i know for my 266 xp it was at least 2 years old at that time and if i remeber right all i had did to it was a pull cord minis the kill switch that the wire would beack off i fix that 3 times

ya the 372 xp was awsome saw it kick but on all around gd saw lots of horse power there is a reason why i dont like stihl they just dont work in the wet inviroment i was working in the north coast of british columbia in canada on the queen carlet island so my point is there were huskys and stihls the huskys were working hard no stop but stihls keep breaking down and they were bran new saw when we started that job and i know for my 266 xp it was at least 2 years old at that time and if i remeber right all i had did to it was a pull cord minis the kill switch that the wire would beack off i fix that 3 times

Iv experienced the exact opposite. I still want a husky, i blame the owners lack of maintenance.
I cut in swamps all the time I have drop saws in a foot of water and mud. Clean them up make sure no :censored: got inside and they kept on going.

Iv experienced the exact opposite. I still want a husky, i blame the owners lack of maintenance.
I cut in swamps all the time I have drop saws in a foot of water and mud. Clean them up make sure no :censored: got inside and they kept on going.
oh ya what i didnt tell you is it rained the whole time we were there may be thing have changed with the stihl i dont know i have not be around the logging biussnes for quite a long time now

oh ya what i didnt tell you is it rained the whole time we were there may be thing have changed with the stihl i dont know i have not be around the logging biussnes for quite a long time now

Yup i cut in the rain all the time. I cut and split a cord this morning. In the pouring rain.
What kind of saw you ran?

Yup i cut in the rain all the time. I cut and split a cord this morning. In the pouring rain.
What kind of saw you ran?

i ran huskys and i had picked up a used jonsered not sure of the size as a spare saw but never realy use it so i had 2 saw till some sucker stole the jony then 5 years later some one in calgary stole my pride and joy husky 266 xp waaaaa:( it was no to any 1 it had burnt out cluch

So hand planes and punctuation are foreign concepts to you?
ya your quick i know what a hand plane is now they are more of a pain in the but i did try 1 once it took to long to set up by the time you get the plane out and put it on your bar you could have your chain sharpend and back to work

Latest posts

Back