HELP my Emeralds are Browning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melaby

Reaction score
I have planted 27 Emerald Green Arborvitaes a few months ago all at the same time, and half of them are browning, the browning has started from the top working it's way down the tree. Here are some photo's I've attached which may help determine my problem.

Thanks

Browning starts downhill and works its way up. Indicates root/drainage issues. See the Buying and Planting info in the link below.

Let soil dry between waterings.

Can these trees be saved?

Thanks for your advice
Melaby
Hard to say; if you post pictures and let us know how far off the installation method was from the standard in the link, that would put a little education into our guesses.

You don't want to try to save them, because they should be covered under a warranty. The brown ones are done, stick a fork in them.
Let the responsible party know there's a problem now so they can save the green ones.
One needs to get in there and root around in the soil to see what's going on. Too much or too little water? Planted too deep? Planting material left on root balls? Twine around trunk? Wind burned during delivery? Dug from nursery at wrong time of year? Over fertilized?

Latest posts

Back